2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
nice car
By Kathy on 02/12/10 12:06 PM (PST)

2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Overall happy with this car. Would like to see heater improvements. Heated seats save the day. Don't like the way the oil or whatever it is gets on front wheel rims. Fun to drive and I'll definitely get another one

The rear seat room is fine.
By Carl Anderton on 01/30/10 02:15 AM (PST)

2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Even favorable reviews of Mini Coopers claim that the back seats are almost useless. Horse hockey. I'm 6'2", and I've ridden in my backseat. Sure, it's not a stretch limo, but I didn't want a stretch limo. I wanted the ultimate blend of style and utility and that's what I got. My family of 4 fits just fine in my Mini. And I'll tell you something else, that hatchback rear facilitates quite a bit of cargo that your standard 4-door compact could not handle. This car puts a smile on my face every time I get in it. Can you say that about your car?

Fun Car with some minor quirks
By Christine on 01/03/10 20:52 PM (PST)

2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Traded my BMW 325is for a Mini and I'm loving it! Similar to the BMW, the handling is great and its fun to drive. Takes sharp turns very well. Since I live in a city that requires plenty of parallel parking, finding parking is amazing. I get compliments on my Mini from everyone. Bucket seats are comfortable. The headrest is larger than any other car brand; I noticed this because I'm short (5'2'') and had to remove them to look behind me, even with the seat pumped to its highest. Never encountered this problem with other cars (including SUVs).

Love it! Lots of fun and looks
By Mini09 - TC MI on 12/28/09 19:28 PM (PST)

2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I got my Mini with Cash for Clunkers deal. Great value for the money. I have the extended warrantee and the fuel pump had to be replaced at 5000 miles. :( I wasn't happy but the service was good and everything else has been great. Love the pepper white with black top and bonnet stripes--SHARP. Handles great, very fast, mileage good, excellent for running around town for errands, taxiing kids etc.

Over The Top Performance
By bbracr on 12/18/09 06:22 AM (PST)

2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Economical, well crafted, and hot to trot. The "S" turbo has all the performance & handling you could possibly want while delivering great fuel economy/ The car steps up to anything you want it to do from shopping to open road racing to kana cross and is fantastic for daily use. Interior actually gives me more room that my other car, Corvette, and driving position and flexibility is great for both my wife and myself. The car is an absolute blast and with a few performance enhancements could be a road warrior.

Best Decision
By Kikapu on 12/12/09 17:50 PM (PST)

2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I owned a BMW M3,Jeeps and a Nissan Xterra. I needed a fuel efficient vehicle for my 70 mile per day commute. My husband I test drove the Toyota Prius and hated everything about it. We then stopped at the Mini dealership- and after a test drive we were hooked. I will never be without a Mini again. Gas mileage runs 38-40 mpg and it is an absolute joy to drive.

not so economical as you had hoped
By Keokola on 12/02/09 14:03 PM (PST)

2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I loved my Mini before I bought it brand new. Coveted it for years, saved up for it. Paid cash. But before I drove it off the lot I was told it takes only premium gas-- not the good mileage I thought. Then all the dashboard lights started coming on, one at a time. The low tire light; I can't even tell which tire, but the only way to reset is to take it to Mini Hawaii to have them use the special hi-tech gizmo on it for $135! Then the engine light (which I think is related to a 1st-time gas fillup gas cap mistake) but I can't get that reset without the same $135 diagnostic gizmo. It's still cute, and I still love it but it promises to become very expensive in time and money. I have regret.

Never judge a car by it's appearance
By Mac on 10/23/09 06:00 AM (PDT)

2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I was dead set against my wife getting this car. Stupid me.. Gas milage is more than expected, handles great ( dangerously good) and very comfortable after you find your correct position. Having an armrest is a must for comfort. I've never seen my wife so happy to get up and go to work knowing she gets to drive her Mini everyday.

Never Thought I'd Own a Mini
By Eric Dise on 10/21/09 11:15 AM (PDT)

2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Wow, what a fun car! I've owned lots of cars through the years but I've never owned one that could bring such a big smile to my face! The Cooper S has all the features one could ask for in a street legal slalom car! It handles extremely well, is balanced in turns, accelerates when called upon, and is willing to squeeze through tight spots where no ordinary vehicle will venture! Combined mileage has been 31 MPG and that's good with me. I just wish the engine didn't just sip high octane! I'm 6'-2" and fit very comfortably in either front seat (although I prefer the driver's side). The controls are not intuitive but they can be learned. Storage is what you should expect from a sub-compact. Tiny

It's not a car, It's a MINI
By IT'S A MINI on 09/19/09 10:30 AM (PDT)

2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I started doing research and I drove the new VW CC, the Nissan Maxima and the Mercedes C300. But I wanted something different, something fun to drive, small, sportier, and unique. My solution: MINI COOPER S Dark Silver, Premium and Sport Package. I drove both the base MINI and the S and they are both fine but you can really tell the difference the turbo and the extra HP makes on the S, besides the few differences on the exterior which I find really cool. The MSRP is ar

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.