2009 MINI Cooper Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
Buyer Beware
By Marian on 06/14/10 15:28 PM (PDT)

2009 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased my 2009 Cooper S brand new (7 miles on it) in January 2009 from Brian Harris in Baton Rouge. It has needed various major repairs on SIX occasions in a 15 months of ownership. It has also needed an additional two tows 90 miles away (from New Orleans) to have the run flats changed. The repairs have involved mechanical and electronic defects. Perhaps this model is defective, but the car is utterly unreliable. And if you don't live near a dealership, forget about this car. It is cute and fun, but for the cost in time and money of dragging it in to a dealer time and again (and they never seem to know how to fix this model definitively), please save yourself the aggravation.

Buy one, your going to love it
By Phil Balchan on 01/22/10 12:58 PM (PST)

2009 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Traded in my 06' Miata due to warrenty issues with Mazada.Test drove the Mini S and was hooked and I mean hooked bad. I have owned several 3 series BMW'S so my expectations were High. The Mini didn't disapoint. Every aspect of this car's performance is excellent and is superior in every way as compaired to the Miata.

Just buy one!
By Torj on 10/25/09 14:56 PM (PDT)

2009 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned many cars, from two seater roadsters to luxury sedans and I have to say the Mini tops them all. Excellent build quality, reliable, great gas mileage and pure driving excitement. I traded in my two year old Mercedes Benz for the Mini and I haven't regretted it a bit! If you have been thinking about getting a Mini, do yourself a favor, test drive one and you will be sold.

replacement for my 911
By hellfire on 08/13/09 10:56 AM (PDT)

2009 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

No it's not a 911, but it is surprisingly more fun. The quirky character starts with the handling and interior, and goes all the way to the company propaganda (love the 'always open' mantra and the crazy ads that go with it). I can pull more g's in the corners than i could with my 911 or boxster even on stock suspension & tires (love the incredulous look as i pass them on the curvy on-ramps). incredibly easy to manage the manual transmission - heel-toe downshifts are easy, rev-matching is much easier than the supercharged minis. averaging 29MPG with spirited driving+some stopngo.

Best Car Ive EVER had!
By JimG on 05/28/09 20:59 PM (PDT)

2009 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a drivers car, fast, fun and tossable. Lots of creature comforts with good quality interior materials. Gas mileage is exceptional and a real surprise.

Expensive but Worth It
By Andy J on 04/21/09 08:57 AM (PDT)

2009 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

A home run; why can't US car companies build something like the MINI? We paid right at $30K for the car and feel like we got a bargain. The new MINI retains some British charm but really should be regarded as the smallest member of the BMW lineup -- it looks and feels incredibly solid for a small convertible. My wife says she feels like she's behind the wheel of a baby tank. Our "S" cabrio w A/T is returning 31 MPG in mixed city/hwy driving to date. What a combination of power and fuel economy -- way to go BMW/Peugeot! Way, way bigger inside than it looks from the outside -- I'm 6'2" 200 lbs and very comfortable in drivers seat. Trunk is tiny, but useful w/back seats folded down.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.