2008 MINI Cooper Consumer Review: Great Car

2008 MINI Cooper - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Great Car
By mini coop on

2008 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Has been virtually trouble free and I have 48,000 miles on the car in two years. I am 6'5" tall and it is very comfortable..tons of room. My 6'6" son can sit in the back seat behind my wife on the passenger side. We can fit 5-6 bags of grocery even with four in the car. It accelerates very well with 4 in the car even up hills. Ride is firm but has no rattles. The six speed manual is smooth and the engine improves with mileage. I like it better now than when I got it...smoother and quicker. Still gets tons of looks and comments. People pull up asking me roll down my window to say the car is great. Nothing performs as well for the money and 40+ MPG. Great in snow and cold. Strong heater.

Favorite Features

Handling, engine, fold down rear seats, hatch, large interior room,trip computer and info available, large amount of options and accessories and nationwide networking base with other owners for incredible mount of ownership information.

Suggested Improvements

More dealers, easier radio controls, better window controls and reliability, better stock radio and speakers, why not more horsepower in base model?