2008 MINI Cooper Consumer Review: A MINI That Give You Alot!

2008 MINI Cooper - Consumer Review

S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual)

A MINI That Give You Alot!
By Little Red Rocket on

2008 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Have had my MINI for about 15 months. I'd have more miles on it but living in sunny AZ, I love riding my Bikes. This is one 'fun' car! Almost takes me back to when I owned a BMW 2002Tii. I had the JCW Performance Kit installed. Yes it really makes a difference! Not so much wth the JCW Brembo Brakes. Save yourself some money and stay with the OEM. Just about everyplace I park my MINI, people compliment it. My wife has an 06 Miata MX-5. Both cars have almost the same performance stats, but really feel different. The MX-5 is so smooth and natural. The MINI feels like every second it looks for a fight! What fun! Watch out for the options you order A $23K car cost over $40K easily Have fun!

Uniqueness. I could order it any way I wanted. Nav-system and voice recognition are light years ahead of my Lexus. Very easy to use. Road feel and handling great! 0 mph to trouble in less than 6 seconds. Back has plenty of room for shopping. It has an 'identity' that other cars lack. ATTITUDE!!

Try to smooth out the 'torque steer' on acceleration, but no big deal. More power never hurts although with the JCW Perf Package, it really 'rocks'. With the automatic, display what gear I'm in all of the time rather than just 'D'. It only tells you what geat your in when you shift to manumatic mode