2008 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
Flawed
By Alex on 03/21/08 18:11 PM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I took ownership of my brand new Mini on January 22, less than a month later the mini lost all its brakes (because the brake hydraulic line was not properly attached to the brake system) while I was driving 65 mph. Scary as all hell, could have been injured bad, but was lucky that the road I was on was relatively traffic free. Response from Northwest Mini was too bad for you and it was the same for MINI USA. Looks like the safety inspections do not include checking the brake lines. You'd think that would be fundamental. The Mini is extremely fun to drive but hard to trust to keep you safe. I really hope my experience is out of the ordinary, but folks should be aware before they buy.

When I Press the Start Button!
By TOMCAT on 03/04/08 13:44 PM (PST)

2008 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Ah! I have finally found the car I so dreamed of. Namely a car (to borrow the words of another automobile ad) when I 'press the Start Button' it presses my 'start button'! I traded in a 'perfect' 2007 Lexus RX 350 for the Mini. The Lexus was just too 'boring to drive. I wanted something with 'attitude'! With a doubt my MINI Cooper S is it! The only cars I can remember that I've owned that were this much fun and excitng to drive were my 1973 BMW 2002 Tii or my 1972 Capri (from Germany V- 6)! Yes its ride is a bit 'taut', but if you're looking for a smooth ride, but a Lexus or a Buick. Everyplace I go, people stop to look and ask or compliment me about it. In short, I love my MINI!

The Best trade-in Ever
By Timo on 02/24/08 12:03 PM (PST)

2008 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We took ownership of this vehicle a mere ten days ago. We traded in 2002 Saturn. The Mini Coopers S is 100X different and better than the Saturn. My biggest worry was storage space. All of our groceries fit into the car. The drive is like being a rat in a chase. It moves flawlessly through traffic and poor weather.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.