Used 2008 MINI Cooper Consumer Reviews - 67 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

2008 MINI Cooper

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

One year in my Cooper
By Turbo S

2008 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Had the car for little over a year now. It is an absolute BLAST to drive, and will always put a smile on your face. Fuel economy is phenomenal for a car this fast as well. Lots of cool features, like the folding mirrors, that are more fun the show of than functional, but fun either way. The pushbutton start is cool, but I wish it had the comfort access system. The leatherette looks nice, but I don't like the way it feels. All in all, for $25,550 and the included maintainance, its a lot of fun for the money.

FUN FUN FUN!!!! Handling is incredible, 6-speed stick is fun, turbo engine is a blast, unique style, panoramic sunroof, radio controls on the steering wheel, good seat bolsters, fuel economy.

Some of the ergonomics that were a complete pain at first I am now used to, but when you buy your first cooper, plan to spend a few HOURS getting to know the ins and outs of the controls. I hate the speedometer in the middle, but I just use the digital one above the steering wheel, so problem solve

Wild Maus (mouse)
By JimH

2008 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

This is my second burgundy Mini. My first was a 1967 that I brought back from Europe. Both cars were/are go- carts. The '67 cornered better, but was underpowered. The '08 has the power but it overpowers the steering. No complaints, mine you! Lord, what a fun car to drive. By the way, the title refers to a carnival ride, "The Wild Maus." It would snap your head off your shoulders, if you weren't careful. Read the complaints: Bumpy ride: It is a sports car - dodge them. Limited space: drop the back seats and think again. Odd radio controls: It has a radio? - who knew! I love to hear it purr!

Third Gear: The exhaust resonance is perfect, you are going 50+ and you know that you have three more gears. Drop Down Seats: The thing becomes a mini stationwagon. 3 suitcases, boogie boards and a cooler- or a weeks load of groceries.

More dealerships is all I can think of. I do have some electronic bugs with auto up windows and the passenger airbag light - but my first visit to the dealer will handle those, I hope.

45,000 and still going!
By Sean Michael

2008 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

OMFG THIS THING IS A BLAST!!! From the very get go I fell in love with a car my wife had suggested when I thought of getting a bug... I'm glad I went with the Mini. First of all I commute 184 Miles a day up and down from the mountains. Phx to Payson AZ of an elevation change of over 5000 ft. I needed something reliable and could handle the road and elements. This little car has sold me for LIFE! I love the Tech with the Sports handling. If you're thinking of buying your wasting precious time you could be driving. =)

Handling, Mileage (40.2), technologies (mp3 and bluetooth), The shear sexayness!

If they could make the mp3 interface more like an ipod it would ROCK! Also if could have the phones include some more American Manufactured Phones... Otherwise leave the Mini as it is, unless you can figure getting more MPG for the same power.

MINI Cooper-The best in it's class!
By warren

2008 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

So far, my MINI is winner. As all other reviewers have commented on-- it's a blast to drive! Test drove the other subcompacts and MINI stood out from the pack. Cornering and handling are outstanding with no body roll. Braking is very responsive and fuel economy is excellent averaging about 31mpg combined. Getting 44mpg+ on the Hwy with a light foot in 6th gear. Styling is one of a kind. Base Cooper still nicely equipped without a lot of added options. Interior fit and finish is impressive. Ride is a bit firm, but still in a fun kind of way, although this can get tiring on long drives I must admit. Watch the road dips as this car sits low to the ground.

6-speed transmission, fuel economy, Sport mode, handling/cornering ability, iconic retro styling and major cool factor. Highly customizable.

Improve bluetooth clarity due to road/engine noise, more trunk space, and improve base stereo system. How about adding BMW's dual-clutch gearbox to the Cooper S?

This is a fun but wacky little car!
By KarenZ

2008 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Pros: handling fuel efficiency (my avg 30.4, I think) parking (mwah, ha ha!!!!!...that little space is mine all miiiiiine!) power/acceleration dash layout fit and finish reliability ipod-friendly ($12.00 male-male cord. Plugs right in...totally easy!) Cons: Very jerky acceleration Somewhat jerky braking The seat belt thing gets caught in the space where the door jamb is.I've tweaked my back/shoulder muscles a few times. Hate that! Awful cupholders. If you can get a soda cup out without crushing it, you are amazing and you should become a surgeon. Trunk locks when doors are locked. Even if you've already "popped" it. Annoying! Wind wiper controls stink. And only two intermittent speeds.

Parking, parking, parking. Hee hee hee!

Make the cupholders deep and looser.