2008 MINI Cooper Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
Unfair Advantage
By Jerry on 06/29/08 07:53 AM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

This car definitely presents an unfair advantage over all other cars. Having owned a used car dealership and driving dozens of different car over the years, the Mini Cooper takes them all by storm. Hands down, it is by far the best car. Excellent mileage, get- up-and-go, cornering, comfort, reliability, and just down right fun! Total strangers walk up to you and start a conversation about it. It stands out from the other faceless shadows in the parking lot. It truely is BMW's "Ultimate Driving Machine" and "Driving Excitement". (Sorry Pontiac, you lose).

Fun Car!
By Laurie on 06/17/08 16:46 PM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I was looking for a smaller car with better gas mileage than my SUV. I considered the Prius but didn't like the design or the high price tag. The Mini has it all - economical, fun, great gas mileage, excellent and unique styling! The car is a blast to drive and much roomier than it looks from the outside. Add the roof rack for additional storage and you're good to go!

Excellent Engineering
By JT on 06/15/08 21:28 PM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Been driving about a month now in by base mini hardtop. Great car! Fun to drive. Sticks to the road. 42 mpg highway! Great engineering. Tons of room for pilot and passenger. Every feature thought through. The engine will stay on to ensure the car cools down, even if you shut it off. Hold the unlock button down on the remote and the windows go down and sunroof resets to vent. Standard sport button resets steering and gear ratio for more feel of the road. Very impressed. What other 40+ mpg car inspires you to get in every day?

Fun!
By EC on 06/06/08 17:55 PM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The Mini Cooper S was the last in a long line of cars we looked over. From Honda, Mercedes, Infiniti, GM, Toyota, Smart, we looked over and drove various models for 6 months before deciding. The Mini Cooper S was hands down the most fun to drive. The acceleration, handling, and manual / automatic transmission features were the most notable. The Mini makes the simplest driving trips more interesting and exhiliarating with the feel of the road evident in every drive. My wife and I both enjoy driving the car and look forward to taking a vacation during the summer to several destinations in the US.

Only the best
By lilmacarony on 06/04/08 20:45 PM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

This is my second MINI. I will tell you that these are the safest little cars you can get. I was hit on winding road and rolled, and I came out without a scratch; and the car looked like it just got rear-ended. I love the go-kart handling, the looks, the tight spaces I can get into! I rode in a 2008 M3 and I noticed everything was very similar to the MINI. Everyone knows that BMW's are "The Ultimate Driving Machine," but the MINI is the "Ultimate Fun Machine," no ifs and or buts. I have the Sport package, Convenience package, bonnet stripes, auto tranny ( with paddle shifters as standard) and leather.

Sports car disguised as econo-car
By rob_gendreau on 05/30/08 15:39 PM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

The MINI has been described as a go-kart with functionality, and that's not far wrong. The car is a blast to drive, but works as a comfortable, affordable economic daily driver. The gas mileage is awesome: I get about 35 MPG in mixed freeway/surface driving. The standard Cooper has more than enough performance pizzazz to delight anyone who likes driving, and it's even a decent autocrosser for those who are more ambitious. A great way to have fun and not go broke in the era of $4 gas.

amazing commute!
By emily on 04/28/08 13:44 PM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I elected to build my mini from scratch, and it was a really fun experience. Mini Marketing kept me in the loop with what was going on with my car and supplied me with fun little mini accessories along the way. I live in the city, and commute ~20 miles to work. On both fronts, this car is amazing... it puts a smile on my face when commuting (and not just because of the 39mpg), and makes me want to hug it when it inevitably fits in the most ridiculously small street parking spots. The car oozes character.

From no car to wow car!
By Mini-E on 04/14/08 07:35 AM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I sold my Ford Escape last June, and hadn't had a need for a car since my job is a mile from where I live (I know lucky!). But as time went on, my fiancee and I were growing weary of sharing here car. You know waiting to get picked up, waiting for me to get home so you can go out, etc. I made it as long as I could, and finally bought the car I wanted, the 2008 Mini Cooper! I ended up getting one off the floor of the dealership, I thought I needed an S, but for me this one was the right one. It doesn't seem as small as it looks when your in it, and that is key for me, coming from an SUV.

MINI - A better MGB
By Carlover on 03/30/08 05:16 AM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I have a British Racing Green basic MINI with the cold weather option. Nothing extra and I love this car. People who say it's under powered do not know how to drive a stick shift sports car properly. You must use the tach, rev the engine and you have to love to shift! Use it's power curve and it will never dsappopoint. I have a hard time keeping to the speed limit. My little car just wants to fly! It's very similar to my long-gone MG's, but better. It's faster, handles better, great mileage, little engine, big heart, I haven't had this much fun driving in years. No issues with reliablity. More room inside than my Pontiac and room for friends if needed. What more could you ask for? Love it!!

Flawed
By Alex on 03/21/08 18:11 PM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I took ownership of my brand new Mini on January 22, less than a month later the mini lost all its brakes (because the brake hydraulic line was not properly attached to the brake system) while I was driving 65 mph. Scary as all hell, could have been injured bad, but was lucky that the road I was on was relatively traffic free. Response from Northwest Mini was too bad for you and it was the same for MINI USA. Looks like the safety inspections do not include checking the brake lines. You'd think that would be fundamental. The Mini is extremely fun to drive but hard to trust to keep you safe. I really hope my experience is out of the ordinary, but folks should be aware before they buy.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.