2008 MINI Cooper Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
A Real Smart Car
By Chip on 01/24/09 17:23 PM (PST)

2008 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

After shopping hybrids, smart cars, and flex fuel, I opted on the Mini Cooper. It is great on short hops and long trips. I have been getting incredible gas mileage on regular grade gasoline, 40 in town, 47 highway. The car handles like a dream and one cannot omit the "fun" factor to drive one. I have 16" run on flat tires, so the ride is a little bumpy at times, but for what it is, I consider it plenty comfortable. Nice leg room (I am 6'0" and still must move the seat up some) for the driver and passenger. Leg room for backseat passengers is questionable. My wife liked mine so much, she bought an "S" model with automatic. Recommend sport suspension and seats, with stereo upgrade.

Love it... going to build a MINI family!
By MDK on 01/10/09 07:49 AM (PST)

2008 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love my MINI, have wanted one for years, designed my own, got it delivered in 3 weeks and have not had to go back to the dealership for anything! I have the 6 speed manual and love it! I would pay all over again! One day I'll own an S-convertible and an S- clubman to finish my MINI family. I recommend these cars to anyone and everyone come across! And I just got back from a cross country road trip, best and most comfortable drive I've ever had for long term road time.

2008 Mini Cooper
By jlee924 on 12/30/08 15:59 PM (PST)

2008 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Got my Mini Cooper in May and I love the car. I had an SUV before, and I'm really liking not having to buy gas every week. I'm getting around 35mpg with the 6 speed auto and while using the Triptonic trans. Handles surprisingly well in the snow too.

Finally Got My MINI
By chela348 on 11/05/08 20:01 PM (PST)

2008 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Recently graduated 7 years worth of pharmacy education and took advantge of getting my dream car. I can't recall the first time I ever saw it (tv, movies, drive past one) but I wanted one. I don't drive manual so I waited a month for my Oxygen Blue White Top MINI! I can't begin to explain how much fun I have driving it! I get so much attention from it and love waiving to my fellow MINI drivers! Gas is so ridiculous, I get over 40 MPG (especially if i switch to the fake manual). I enjoy my panoramic sunroof everyday. I'm a petite girl and feel like it was made for me in every way! Oh and I've only had the car for 2 months and it now has 3000 miles!

Apple of My Eye
By Apple on 09/14/08 10:54 AM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

The MPG is amazing, I was coming from a 2003 MC, and I have been getting 40.1 MPG with the AC on. It does handle like a gocart, and is very stable at 95+ MPH. Love the look and for me the Navi is a must. You can't beat the price or features. Oh did I mention MPG!

More fun than my 911
By TPAMiniGuy on 09/02/08 18:47 PM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Loved the original MINI but was too young to drive one. What a great car. So glad they brought the marque back. It is a superb car, performance, handling, comfort. Ordered my "S" kinda bare bones, sport suspension, limited slip, and better sound system. It has alot of high tech items in what seems like a low tech car. Great A/C even in the Florida heat. Surprising good.

Awesome Mini
By VICKIE on 08/24/08 19:35 PM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I first got my Mini Cooper in March of 2007. I love the way the Mini handles on the highway and the way she hugs the mountain roads. I wish there was a little more leg room in the back but I only have one child and we just bought her the 2008 Mini Cooper and she is loving her own Mini. We can take both Mini on a road trip and still walk away with money in our pocket from saving on fuel. We will always be a Mini Cooper family..

Fun but beware
By ATMNLV on 08/15/08 22:45 PM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Love the car very comfortable with more than enough power. Car has 2000 miles on it and my engine hood scoop is melting which is happening to a lot of cars. MINI won't reply or hasn't recalled this design defect

Cute but rough.
By Ian Venieris on 08/08/08 14:50 PM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Cute looks, good handling and the new for 2007 BMW engine with Peugeot parentage caused me to buy the 2008 Cooper S with the 6-speed transmission. Having driven the automatic I do not recommend it as it does not allow for the fuel economical 6th gear when in sport mode. The car is plagued by multitude of gremlins which in my case caused it to spend 28 out of the first 60 days at the dealership's service department. 1200 miles out of a total of 2000 miles driven were for transport to and from the dealership. If one decides that this is the only car in which they can be happy, I suggest interviewing the dealership to identify their service competency but few areas have more than one dealer.

Mini
By max from mini on 08/06/08 18:18 PM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Very peppy. Fun to drive. Excellent in the city or the highway. Does better gas mileage than is advertised. Can't mistake this car with anything else. Exterior design stands out from the crowd and you don’t have to break the bank for it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.