2008 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
awesome cooper s
By rnmini on 04/07/09 00:36 AM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Love everything about this car. First it looks cool, so much fun to drive, can go up the hill soo much faster than other cars, still gets good gas mileage..I drive somewhat fast and like to accelerate and I have an automatic turbo charged..i push that sport button and this car will fly..still average 30miles per gallon, have the mini sound system...Fun, reliable, good mpg

A Total Blast!
By Val on 04/01/09 11:34 AM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I was on my way to purchase the Acura RDX when the Mini Clubman caught my eye at the car show and I totally fell in love. I ended up getting the Mini Cooper since the Clubman wasn't out at the time and haven't regretted my decision for even a minute. I love it!

dont waste your money
By dan on 03/20/09 18:40 PM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

we bought this to fast ,it is very small inside and hard to get to anything in the back after only 6 months the dealer will only give us 19,000 trade for a 33,800 loaded mini , they told us the mini was hard to get and has a good resale value ,these were just lies to get us to buy the car if you dont mind a bumpy ride,no room inside ,or want to loose 15,000 on your car in 6 months than this is the car for you ,i learned my lesson the hard way , hope this helps you .

A Real Smart Car
By Chip on 01/24/09 17:23 PM (PST)

2008 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

After shopping hybrids, smart cars, and flex fuel, I opted on the Mini Cooper. It is great on short hops and long trips. I have been getting incredible gas mileage on regular grade gasoline, 40 in town, 47 highway. The car handles like a dream and one cannot omit the "fun" factor to drive one. I have 16" run on flat tires, so the ride is a little bumpy at times, but for what it is, I consider it plenty comfortable. Nice leg room (I am 6'0" and still must move the seat up some) for the driver and passenger. Leg room for backseat passengers is questionable. My wife liked mine so much, she bought an "S" model with automatic. Recommend sport suspension and seats, with stereo upgrade.

Mini at 50
By Mini at 50 - WOW!!! on 01/10/09 13:43 PM (PST)

2008 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I've had my Super Charged Mini convertible for 1 season and have driven it 14,000 miles as a daily commuter. No problems. Unless you call the attention you get from other drivers a problem. My kids think I'm nuts driving such a small car as a daily driver, but I respond life is short and my Mini convertible makes the daily ride an escape from the grind. Put my computer in the trunk, plug my Ipod into the stereo, and let the wind blow on my scalp (not much hair left). Motor on!

Love it... going to build a MINI family!
By MDK on 01/10/09 07:49 AM (PST)

2008 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love my MINI, have wanted one for years, designed my own, got it delivered in 3 weeks and have not had to go back to the dealership for anything! I have the 6 speed manual and love it! I would pay all over again! One day I'll own an S-convertible and an S- clubman to finish my MINI family. I recommend these cars to anyone and everyone come across! And I just got back from a cross country road trip, best and most comfortable drive I've ever had for long term road time.

2008 Mini Cooper
By jlee924 on 12/30/08 15:59 PM (PST)

2008 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Got my Mini Cooper in May and I love the car. I had an SUV before, and I'm really liking not having to buy gas every week. I'm getting around 35mpg with the 6 speed auto and while using the Triptonic trans. Handles surprisingly well in the snow too.

2008 JCWorks, Sidewalk special edition
By MINIMAN55 on 12/21/08 23:31 PM (PST)

2008 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Head turner, slick styling. The supercharger whine, exhaust note, and g-force experienced when I punch it are addicting, not to mention illegal. Rough ride on bumpy roads but amazing handling and control. The back seat is small (it's a MINI, duh!). Muscle car performance at 28 mpg and I ain't sparing it. For traveling fast and light, whether commuting or having fun, you can't beat it. Leather, stereo, ergonomics are excellent (I'm 6'3"). Automatic climate control works well and doesn't bog the engine at all. Looking up at Civics and Priuses in traffic took some getting used to, but if I don't want to look at them I don't have to - punch it and watch them get smaller.

Finally Got My MINI
By chela348 on 11/05/08 20:01 PM (PST)

2008 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Recently graduated 7 years worth of pharmacy education and took advantge of getting my dream car. I can't recall the first time I ever saw it (tv, movies, drive past one) but I wanted one. I don't drive manual so I waited a month for my Oxygen Blue White Top MINI! I can't begin to explain how much fun I have driving it! I get so much attention from it and love waiving to my fellow MINI drivers! Gas is so ridiculous, I get over 40 MPG (especially if i switch to the fake manual). I enjoy my panoramic sunroof everyday. I'm a petite girl and feel like it was made for me in every way! Oh and I've only had the car for 2 months and it now has 3000 miles!

'08 Cooper Convertible
By Marcel on 10/16/08 15:29 PM (PDT)

2008 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

If I was going to buy an economical car, then I wanted a car that is fun to drive. The Cooper convertible is just that. Currently at 34 mpg around town and the 5-spd. is perfect for this car. The car is perfect except for the blind spot when the top is up. This is the rear quarter area, behind the back seat. Tough to see when backing up - however the rear sensors are helpful.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.