Used 2008 MINI Cooper Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

My MINI Cooper S nightmare
By tdi owner now

2008 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I thought when I bought my MINI Cooper S 2008, I was buying my dream car. I was proven wrong as soon as winter in New England came around. First morning below 0 it left me stranded on the side of the road for 4hours (until Roadside could get me). At that point, it was in shop x 3 weeks, they needed to get a modified "snorkle" part for the manifold. There was water in there. I thought doesn't it get cold in Europe..well yeh! The car come May and June wasn't any better. The car was at the dealer on ave. 1x every 6-8 weeks with less than 20000mi. I lost a ton of money when I traded in my completely unreliable MINI contrary to what the dealer says it does lose value!

6 gears, it was fun to blow through them while flying

design a car that can start in New England winters and handle Ethanol fuel

Not quite sure how I feel
By Not quite sure

2008 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought my MiniS because I wanted better gas mileage, but so far I've had 3 flats and one shattered windshild from a stone on the fwy so it hasn't been all that economical. Also, the dealer added $3000 to the MSR b/c "they are so much in demand." Well, now they're not in demand and I paid quite a bit more than I should have. Also, I'm a little afraid to take it on long trips b/c I always seem to come back needing a new tire. Yeah, I do get lots of compliments like "You're car looks like it's smiling at you!" Or, "you've got a cutie!" That's nice, but I'm seriously thinking of trading it for a RAV 4-- more room, better tires, more comfortable on long trips.

LUV the blue tooth, mileage, it's pretty zippy

Change to regular tires, regular fuel

Beware of water for Mini Convertible
By NotSoGreat

2008 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

To those of you considering buying the Mini Convertible. There is a design issue where water pours into the Mini on the driver's side when you open the door or window when it is, or has been, raining. I thought mine had a problem, only to find out after three visits that it's just the design that is an issue and thus can't be fixed. It's been fun driving it, but the water issue is a deal killer for me so I will be selling my Mini.

Fun to drive

Tons: Fix water issue, make Nav system touch screen, fix counter-intuitive controls inside, get rid of the run flat tires...

2008 Mini Cooper S
By ckranert

2008 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought the car in May of 2008 and already have over 30k miles, so it is a great car to travel in. I am able to get my wife, son, golf clubs, and everything else that comes with having a toddler in the car with no problems. People complaining about space don't know how to use what they have! Got it for the gas milage first and performance second, it hasn't disappointed in either. My main concern is the constant rattling from the passenger side and the dealership's refusal to fix it. Aside from that it is a great car.

Bluetooth, iPod integration, number of ways you can customize it

A car costing this much should not rattle. Dealership service department leaves much to be desired.

MINI Review
By EastCoastGirl

2008 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had my 2008 MINI Cooper S for a year and half with zero issues. I have only had to have one part replaced on my coop - the recalled exhaust. (The tail-pipes were too long and were a burn hazard for the legs.) I love love LOVE to drive MINI's and can't imagine owning any other car. They handle well, have pep and are cute to boot!

Fully customizable - interior and exterior