Used 2008 MINI Cooper Convertible Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 MINI Cooper Convertible - Consumer Reviews

2008 MINI Cooper Convertible

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

mini car with GIANT aspirations fulfilled!
By Chris

2008 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This car is a great car ive driven both the type s and reg mini cooper and they are both fun but the type s is way more fun! Like the description on the page before says, " like a go kart for adults", NAILED IT! The car is absolutely a blast to drive yeah ok for the first split second there's a tttiiinnnyyy bit of lag(maybe til like 1200-1500 rpms) but after it pulls harder and harder, also noise complaints??? The only noise i heard was the great roar of this four cylinder turbo screaming down the road as if it were warning the other cars to get out of my way!!! This car has GREAT POTENTIAL compared to any other cars, whether price range or in its class! Lastly as for those who complained about the "stiff ride", one question for you?, Have you ever rode in a car with performance suspension before???, yeah its supposed to be stiffer for handling purposes!!! So quit being a stiff yourself and just drive the darn thing like its meant to be driven!!! Moreover this might be a "mini car" but its a GIANT KILLER that i feel has fulfilled GIANT aspirations!!! GREAT CAR!!! (In my own opine the only thing that would make this car better would be a blow off to hear that ppssshhh, to give the car a bit more attitude like pppsssshhhhh please get out of my way!!!)

Beware of water for Mini Convertible
By NotSoGreat

2008 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

To those of you considering buying the Mini Convertible. There is a design issue where water pours into the Mini on the driver's side when you open the door or window when it is, or has been, raining. I thought mine had a problem, only to find out after three visits that it's just the design that is an issue and thus can't be fixed. It's been fun driving it, but the water issue is a deal killer for me so I will be selling my Mini.

Fun to drive

Tons: Fix water issue, make Nav system touch screen, fix counter-intuitive controls inside, get rid of the run flat tires...

Cooper MINI Convertible
By No Fun

2008 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I am very disappointed with the engine & automatic transmission design. There is a very bad dead zone in the acceleration in 1st from a dead stop. The top squeals when coming up. The maintenance is free but when they don't fix anything it's worthless. The repair shop isn't familiar with the car and can't fix problems. I have had to go back 4 or 5 times before something gets fixed. They have even lied, actually fixed something and said on the repair sheet that there was nothing was wrong. I would not recommend anyone buy this Car with an automatic. The rear view is cluttered and very dangerous to back up. The automation in the controls is stupid, mostly unnecessary and very annoying

Handling is exceptional and fun. I like the convertible.

Standarize the components of the driver controls. improve the rear view. teach the mechanics how to fix the problems with the car. don't lie to your customers. Improve the design of the engine automatic transmission assembly simplify the control design to automated.

No more sidewalk model
By marcia low

2008 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love my British racing green convertible. The sidewalk package has all the bells and whistles esp the gorgeous brown leather interior. Now they won't make it any more. I am disappointed I wanted a new one only because I think the rear window visibility would be much improved with the retractable roll bars.

How it handles on curves

Repeat the sidewalk model

Mini at 50
By Mini at 50 - WOW!!!

2008 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I've had my Super Charged Mini convertible for 1 season and have driven it 14,000 miles as a daily commuter. No problems. Unless you call the attention you get from other drivers a problem. My kids think I'm nuts driving such a small car as a daily driver, but I respond life is short and my Mini convertible makes the daily ride an escape from the grind. Put my computer in the trunk, plug my Ipod into the stereo, and let the wind blow on my scalp (not much hair left). Motor on!

Top opens partially to a sun roof configuration or fully open to a convertible mode.This thing coners like it's on rails and and accelerates with the 6 speed manual very nicely.

Fix the blind spot. Need more dealers as they are few and far between.