2007 MINI Cooper Consumer Review: Yes, It's Cute

2007 MINI Cooper Hatchback - Consumer Review

Yes, It's Cute
By hippiechick on

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've enjoyed owning my 07 MCS more than my two previous MINIs. The ride in the S is much more comfortable now that the Sport Suspension is an option and not a standard (back-breaking) feature. But I have had some weird things happen with the factory- installed iPod adapter, and sometimes the NAV screen just blanks. The dealer can't find anything wrong with it. The run flats roar on the highway, but replacing them made the ride quieter. Visibility is an issue: other moron drivers have plowed into my lane on 4 occasions. Luckily I was able to avoid them, but it's still scary. Finally, this is definitely a single person car; any more than 2 people and it's a tight fit for stuff.

Favorite Features

NAV. It's fun and the geek in me loves the cool chimes it makes. Lounge leather is very comfortable, as are the heated seats. The fit and finish have been supurb, and the ordering process was very, very easy. Covered maintenance and high resale values don't hurt, either.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the iPod installer. The directories don't show all the songs, and it's tiring turning the knob to get to a song starting with the letter "S". Get rid of the screens for sunroofs and get real covers.