Unfortunately, I am on a 1st name basis with the members of the Maintenance Dept.
By cicirenne on
2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I love to drive it but it's in the shop all the time. I purchased my 2007 MINI COOPER S new in Dec 2007. the car has just passed the warranty period & yet another problem occurred that is not covered under warranty. I cannot continue to I make monthly payments & pay for repairs too so have decided to search for a new car and trade this one in. Since I purchased it the driver's side door locking mechanism fell apart, the tensioner has been replaced 2 times, the timing chain replaced, the water pump replaced, the air intake hose & clamps replaced , & the air conditioner fan motor replaced. It eats oil - I have to put 1 qrt of synthetic oil in it every 2500 miles.
Favorite Features
Gas Mileage is wonderful. Fun to drive - especially through the mountains. Compact but can haul quite a lot of stuff - love the hatch. I know it's a silly simple thing but I love the extra sun visor over the Driver's side door - I don't have to continuously swing the visor from the front windshield to the door window & back again.
Suggested Improvements
The Maintenance team at MINI is fantastic - just wish they weren't needed quite so much. When the tensioner gets loose, the check engine light should come on.