Reliability?
By used07? on
2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
The first mini i drove was a 03 cooper S and i fell in love with it. I just purchased a 07 cooper S used with only 42,000 miles and figured it was a good deal. WRONG! Within the first 3 weeks it wouldn't start and the problem was a coolant temp sensor (warranty covered). The car ran great for about another 3 weeks and now the motor knocks badly and it needs a timing chain according to the service department. Also the transmission has a slow leak. I am terrified about when the factory warranty is up. Mini made a huge mistake in my opinion by letting BMW take control of the motors. I definitely wish i bought a supercharged model rather than the turbo, just way too many issues for my liking.
Favorite Features
when the car ISN'T at the dealer for its mechanical problems, it is a blast to drive. gets looks everywhere I go and handles like a Indy car
Suggested Improvements
mini should buy all of the 07's back and give us 08's! total waste of money and i cannot wait until i sell this car. i will NEVER EVER buy another turbo charged cooper.