2007 MINI Cooper 1.6L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - I like it

2007 MINI Cooper Hatchback - Consumer Review

I like it
By Mini in VA on

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Owned my Mini for a year and a half and it's been a real treat. NO problems. Even after 8 years people still crane to look at them, so don't buy one if you don't want to be noticed. Although it is admittedly a toy we have taken in on long trips to the beach in South Carolina and skiing in Vermont and it surprisingly accommodated my wife and I and all our gear. The little thing travels really well and seems the longer you are in the seats the better they get. I do wish they had put an opaque screen on the sunroof as the Virginia summers get boiling hot, but the auto down windows on the remote helps that some. Drinks in the cup holders tend to unintentionally turn on the seat heaters too.

Favorite Features

Aux input for mp3 player, mood lighting, distinctive interior and exterior design (that's why we bought it), gas mileage, punch leather seats with seat heaters, quick warm up in winter. Panoramic sunroof is great.

Suggested Improvements

AC struggles in hot weather. Opaque screen for sunroof. Resetting computer for tire warnings is annoying (and yes you will get them if you corner hard or park sideways on much of a hill). Relocate drink holders to the bottom of the doors where there is more room for them.