Great Fun When Not In Shop
By Ron M on
2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
Bought our S new years eve in 2007 Had great experience with the handling and power. It's probably one of the coolest looking cars on the road today. However, my wife and I were discussing our dilemma last night deciding whether to pay the $1800 to repair rear gasket oil leak or trade it in. Now that we are out of warranty it looks like she'll be going. During first 50000 miles had fuel pump issue oxygen sensor,and numerous other problems. Has been in the shop a total of five weeks in the three years we had it.Too bad! We'll miss her but can't afford to keep her!Will trade her in on a Honda.
Favorite Features
Looks Handling Power Fun to drive!
Suggested Improvements
Build them so people can afford to keep them. Mini wont survive without repeat buyers!
By cicirenne
on 04/18/11 16:51 PM (PDT)

Agree. I love to drive it but it's in the shop all the time. I purchased my 2007 MINI COOPER S new in Dec 2007.the car has just passed the warranty period & yet another problem occurred that is not covered under warranty. I cannot continue to I make monthly payments & pay for repairs too so have decided to search for a new car and trade this one in. Since I purchased it the driver's side door locking mechanism fell apart, the tensioner has been replaced 2 times, the timing chain replaced, the water pump replaced, the air intake hose & clamps replaced , & the air conditioner fan motor replaced. It eats oil - I have to put 1 qrt of synthetic oil in it every 2500 miles between regularly scheduled oil changes. When the temp gets above 95 degrees F the sun roof will not open until the inside of the car cools down. All 4 tires have been replaced. 2 at a time @ $625 per set. Unfortunately it's just too unreliable. This last time I was stranded & had to call Roadside assistance. btw - roadside assistance only lasts 4 years & if you get the Cooper S you do not have a spare tire.....something to keep in mind.