2007 MINI Cooper Consumer Review: Fun car with a few minor flaws

2007 MINI Cooper - Consumer Review

S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual)

Fun car with a few minor flaws
By blueguydotcom on

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Every morning I look forward to driving my Cooper S. The turbo engine's relatively smooth and eager to rev. With a pretty tight suspension on the car, it seems to swallow most corners with ease. The small exterior dimensions hide a surprisingly roomy interior. I've transported 4 adults in my car without complaint. Fold down rear seats also make the car pretty good at transporting groceries/gear from Costco. Finally, the car nets an astounding 35 mpg for me on the freeway and I get about 30 mpg combined. FWD robs the car of fun though. Until I start a family, the Cooper will meet my needs - small, fun, economical, zippy and easy to maneuver in any environment - it's a perfect urban car.

The small size, nimble handling, great gas mileage and powerful little engine make the car a joy to drive.

A HVAC system that doesn't blow hot air would be nice. Auto-up windows would be welcome. Doors with detents to stay open would be appreciated. Speedometer that reflects actual speed would be keen. Finally, get rid of the stinking front wheel drive layout as it robs the car of fun.