2007 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
Mini nightmare
By Dissappointed on 06/10/07 08:52 AM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is not going to be your normal review since, though I've owned this car for just 2 months now, I've actually only had it in my possession for half a day and have only driven it 15 miles. Why? Because it keeps having problems which the dealer either can't identify or fix, and which Mini seems to care nothing about since they seem to have a problem sending parts to repair what they find wrong. My ratings are based on the 15 miles I drove the car. The problems seem to have started when they forgot to remove the gas tank vent plugs on arrival. But after replacement of the entire fuel system it's still having problems. Yes, it's a lemon and in frustration I've asked for my money back.

Cooper S Convertible -Mini Mania Kits
By JLS on 05/20/07 14:14 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is a really fun car to drive and turns a lot of heads. Performance is exceptional with the MINI mania HP upgrades. Borla exhaust is a little loud on extended trips. A few body fit problems noted and as yet dealer has not been able to fix. A couple of quality issues that you would not expect on a BMW product. One of the key remotes did not work-had to be replaced by dealer. Line to boost gauge pulled loose triggering all kinds of engine warnings. The car is fully loaded with all options so lots of fun things to play with. Performance and looks are real highpoints. Electric top has a few quirks but generally works very well. This is a fun ride!

MINI MAC =Fun
By MAC on 05/17/07 22:18 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I waited for the '07 since I liked the design details and 6 speed as a standard on the base MINI. Fun doesn't even begin to explain the driving experience. It seems it calls me when it is parked in the garage or in the work parking lot. Didn't feel I needed the MINI Cooper S and I am perfectly fine with the base MINI. I have been averaging 28 MPG (city driving only) since I have yet to have him (MINI MAC) out on the open road. Oh yes, you will name him or her since it becomes so personalized and full of character. MINI MAC loves the curves and getting the attention he deserves on and of the road. Good gas mileage, lots of newer technology built in, and loads of fun.

Fun - Fun - Fun
By aw on 05/14/07 10:39 AM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This car is a must have. Driving with this car is so much fun, especially with the top down. It feels and drives like a sports car. Driving over backroads let you think whether you ever want to stop driving, or as I said to my wife, 'Once Mini ... Mini forever'. Everything in this car is made for fun. And for a convertible of its size, you can still transport 4 people or load the back of the car easily because the seats fold flat.

I love it!
By graphicjoe on 05/09/07 20:15 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've almost reached the break in mileage so I have not really pushed the car to its limits as yet. But it has great handling in all areas, a lot of grunt for a 1600 cc car, and good mileage. I like the jumbo speedo. The unusual placement of controls that receives lots of complaints isn't a problem for an owner. If you drive the car frequently the control placement becames natural. For my needs it is almost perfect.

Just had the car for a month or two
By jlevy on 04/11/07 13:44 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've got a minimally optioned Cooper S (LSD, HID lights, arm rest, 16" wheels, no sport suspension). The handling of the car is very good. It reminds me of an MR-2 I used to have and is much more responsive than the WRX I traded for it. It's just plain fun to drive. Torque steer and the LSD can conspire to twist the wheel a little - use two hands. Power from the 1.6 turbo motor is very nice - not as fast as the WRX I traded (Cobb stg 3), but very useable low end torque and nicely spaced ratios in the manual 6 speed trans.

Greatcar
By Lovingit on 04/10/07 10:52 AM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

The new '07 Mini is much improved over the last one. Just got one of the first six speed manuals. The car drives great and has significantly more performace than the previous base model. Performance could be better, but then they wouldn't have a reason to charge more for the S. Overall, the car is a joy. The sport seats are comfortable, easy and specific configuration options enables you to get exactly what you want. The car gets a great deal of attention and is just plain fun. I would highly reccomend this car to those who want something different and individual.

Just got it
By Ollie on 04/07/07 04:43 AM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Went and bought a 2007 turbo S model. It's a fun car to drive. Bought it for the gas mileage, and I am not dissappointed. Turbo performance is awesome. Just have to get used to a smaller vehicle. Only problem so far is cd player doesn't work. At some point I'll have to take it in, but it's a 130 mile drive to get there. Dealers are few and far between.

This is a great little car!
By DCroft on 04/03/07 14:59 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've only had it a week so the reliability rating may be bogus but this is the most fun you can have on four wheels. I find myself looking for twisty, winding roads. It is relatively inexpensive to buy and extrememly economical to drive. All that and a fast, very nimble drive as well! I couldn't be happier (but wait till next week...)

Fun Car, When It's Not In the Shop
By Arisdad on 03/08/07 20:37 PM (PST)

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I first drove a Mini in 1966 and I never forgot it. When the 2007 model came out I decided to buy one. Everything about the car is great: a bicycle fits in the back, it gets great gas mileage, and the overall feel of the car is exceptional. Except...the engine malfunction light came on at 340 miles and it has been in the shop ever since. Mini U.S. and Mini Germany have no idea how to fix it at this point. I am told that it has been joined by another 2007 with the same problem at 380 miles. I would suggest that you avoid buying a 2007 at this point and give them time to work out the bugs if you feel you must have this car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.