Used 2007 MINI Cooper Consumer Reviews - 101 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

2007 MINI Cooper

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

I love this car
By jules

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I love my Mini and will definitely get another. Amazing for zooming in and out on the highway, and also awesome for city driving. Our gas mileage is great- high 30's and sometimes even low 40's for pure highway driving. My husband and I are both very tall and find the cabin more than comfortable. I don't have any complaints about this car!

Best Buy
By Louis "GIR"

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my 2nd MINI and I love them. I have done a ton of upgrades and this car zooms more then I thought it could. I bought mine loaded all the perks. Its been worth every dollar. I have won car shows with this car. If you get one I recommend an "S" can do more with it then a Cooper. Bite the bullet and buy the "S". This is not a car for fuel economy its to have fun and drive. If you get one make sure you wave Hi to other MINI's. Don't be rude show some MINI love. If you are getting it for fuel economy buy a Honda. These cars are meant to be family not just to have, but to have fun in.

Nav, built in bluetooth

Tighter suspension, lower ride, and not stop using parts to slow up the engine. Get to the point with power stop limiting it.

Mini = Fun
By gabe

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I have had my Mini for about a year and a half. The car has been fantastic, perfectly reliable, a real blast to drive and is quite efficient. I had debated long and hard about getting the S version; however, I have no regrets. The car is super quick, very powerful, and I get about 38-42 MPG depending on how fast drive.

Agility, acceleration, fun appearance, quirky interior, brakes, fuel efficiency.

Quieter interior on rough road surfaces.

Fun and room for a tall guy
By Brian

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I'm 6'6" tall and this car has more legroom that full size pickup trucks I have ovned. It gets much better mileage than the EPA estimates. I drive 30 miles to work each way, and average 39.5 mpg at an average speed of 37.5. It handles like a go-cart and is fun to drive. I have had Mercedes and Z3 convertables and currentl have a 230 compressor. The Mercedes stays in the garage!

Radio, interior lighting, "fun button," double sunroof, looks and the looks I get! Cornering is exceptional.

Headlights could be brighter.

Made our lifes interesting
By driving for fun

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Owned in Nov-2007. Never required any service and computer shows that it needs have service after next 8000 miles for my current driving conditions. I had Mazda 6 before this car which was fun to drive but this is way more fun asking for more and more all the way up to turbo boost when I floor the gas pedal. Neither powerful nor fastest but it is quick, agile, solid and builds confidence even at high speeds on irregular pavements and curves never fails to give feedback to the driver. Premium gas is recommended but not required. Plenty of cheers/curious looks/hand waving/questions from others and other Mini owners is something I've seen with Mini Cooper only but not with any other car.

Fun factor, incredible gas mileage, doesn't require premium gas, 3 year free maintainance from BMW although it never required any in 1 year.

Pushing hard elicits significant torque steer.