2007 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
Fun - Fun - Fun
By aw on 05/14/07 10:39 AM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This car is a must have. Driving with this car is so much fun, especially with the top down. It feels and drives like a sports car. Driving over backroads let you think whether you ever want to stop driving, or as I said to my wife, 'Once Mini ... Mini forever'. Everything in this car is made for fun. And for a convertible of its size, you can still transport 4 people or load the back of the car easily because the seats fold flat.

I love it!
By graphicjoe on 05/09/07 20:15 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've almost reached the break in mileage so I have not really pushed the car to its limits as yet. But it has great handling in all areas, a lot of grunt for a 1600 cc car, and good mileage. I like the jumbo speedo. The unusual placement of controls that receives lots of complaints isn't a problem for an owner. If you drive the car frequently the control placement becames natural. For my needs it is almost perfect.

Just had the car for a month or two
By jlevy on 04/11/07 13:44 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've got a minimally optioned Cooper S (LSD, HID lights, arm rest, 16" wheels, no sport suspension). The handling of the car is very good. It reminds me of an MR-2 I used to have and is much more responsive than the WRX I traded for it. It's just plain fun to drive. Torque steer and the LSD can conspire to twist the wheel a little - use two hands. Power from the 1.6 turbo motor is very nice - not as fast as the WRX I traded (Cobb stg 3), but very useable low end torque and nicely spaced ratios in the manual 6 speed trans.

Greatcar
By Lovingit on 04/10/07 10:52 AM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

The new '07 Mini is much improved over the last one. Just got one of the first six speed manuals. The car drives great and has significantly more performace than the previous base model. Performance could be better, but then they wouldn't have a reason to charge more for the S. Overall, the car is a joy. The sport seats are comfortable, easy and specific configuration options enables you to get exactly what you want. The car gets a great deal of attention and is just plain fun. I would highly reccomend this car to those who want something different and individual.

Just got it
By Ollie on 04/07/07 04:43 AM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Went and bought a 2007 turbo S model. It's a fun car to drive. Bought it for the gas mileage, and I am not dissappointed. Turbo performance is awesome. Just have to get used to a smaller vehicle. Only problem so far is cd player doesn't work. At some point I'll have to take it in, but it's a 130 mile drive to get there. Dealers are few and far between.

This is a great little car!
By DCroft on 04/03/07 14:59 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've only had it a week so the reliability rating may be bogus but this is the most fun you can have on four wheels. I find myself looking for twisty, winding roads. It is relatively inexpensive to buy and extrememly economical to drive. All that and a fast, very nimble drive as well! I couldn't be happier (but wait till next week...)

Fun Car, When It's Not In the Shop
By Arisdad on 03/08/07 20:37 PM (PST)

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I first drove a Mini in 1966 and I never forgot it. When the 2007 model came out I decided to buy one. Everything about the car is great: a bicycle fits in the back, it gets great gas mileage, and the overall feel of the car is exceptional. Except...the engine malfunction light came on at 340 miles and it has been in the shop ever since. Mini U.S. and Mini Germany have no idea how to fix it at this point. I am told that it has been joined by another 2007 with the same problem at 380 miles. I would suggest that you avoid buying a 2007 at this point and give them time to work out the bugs if you feel you must have this car.

Great Car
By mininovice on 03/08/07 07:26 AM (PST)

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I've only owned my 2007 Cooper for a month but, wow what a fun and surprisingly functional car. The interior choices guarantee individuality unheard of at this price. Its fuel economy has been 30 mpg in city driving, and near 40 mpg highway. The build quality is excellent with no unsightly gaps ect. The sport seats are comfortable even for a couple of hours without fatigue!

An Awesome Car
By sunidhi on 02/18/07 17:14 PM (PST)

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

The Mini Cooper is awesome! Driving this car is an excellent experience. I hope other people buy this car and enjoy it just as much as I did!

A Perfect 10
By boogatti on 02/07/07 20:58 PM (PST)

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

What else is there to say, I went from a 2 series Volkswagen Cabrio to an MINI S with full perks. This car is a perfect 10.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.