Used 2007 MINI Cooper Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 92 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 MINI Cooper Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

I like it
By Mini in VA

2007 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Owned my Mini for a year and a half and it's been a real treat. NO problems. Even after 8 years people still crane to look at them, so don't buy one if you don't want to be noticed. Although it is admittedly a toy we have taken in on long trips to the beach in South Carolina and skiing in Vermont and it surprisingly accommodated my wife and I and all our gear. The little thing travels really well and seems the longer you are in the seats the better they get. I do wish they had put an opaque screen on the sunroof as the Virginia summers get boiling hot, but the auto down windows on the remote helps that some. Drinks in the cup holders tend to unintentionally turn on the seat heaters too.

Aux input for mp3 player, mood lighting, distinctive interior and exterior design (that's why we bought it), gas mileage, punch leather seats with seat heaters, quick warm up in winter. Panoramic sunroof is great.

AC struggles in hot weather. Opaque screen for sunroof. Resetting computer for tire warnings is annoying (and yes you will get them if you corner hard or park sideways on much of a hill). Relocate drink holders to the bottom of the doors where there is more room for them.

A blast to drive, even for a tall guy!
By Brian

2007 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

The Mini corners like a go-kart and is really fun to drive. I prefer it to my Mercedes 320 Kompressor. I have had absolutely no problems with it. Built 3x more rigid than the average car, and 5***** crash ratin, I feel safer in it than most cars. Get the dual sunroof if possible. Only downside is seeing the stoplights for a 6.6" guy, when the seat is set far back. I get 39.5 mpg 6-speed, the low EPA estimate is a joke!

Dual Sunroof, 2-tone colors (red & white) I-POD interface, heated seats, interior lighting LEDs can be set to different colors. The engine is quick but wonder if I should have bought the S-model. Outstanding resale value after 5 years (Best in US ?). Solid handling & Quiet--well tuned exhaust.

The headlights could be brighter, daytime running lights would be good; I use the standard fog lights.

Fun, but not reliable or well designed
By Brian

2007 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Owned/driven my car for 15 months. Fun, but not reliable or well designed. Factory options only (no mods). Since owning, in for repairs SIX times (2x for turbo, 1x for audio amp, 1x for sunroof, 1x for tailpipe recall AND 1 week for replacing a factory built too-small transmission motor mount). My windshield has 3 stone chips and 2 big cracks due to stone hits & the high windshield angle. Engine has cold idle issue where it sounds like a diesel truck for 1-3 minutes. If you want a fun around-town car, are willing to overlook flaws/ major issues, can deal with repair trips to out-of-town dealerships (6 in 15 months), then buy this car. As for me, I'll be selling at the end of the warranty.

Sporty & fast, good around-town car, easy to haul large boxy items (like 55 gallon drum).

NEEDS better reliability and build quality. Change windshield angle or use better windshields. tires wear out faster than most sport tires despite adult driving style.

I love this car
By jules

2007 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I love my Mini and will definitely get another. Amazing for zooming in and out on the highway, and also awesome for city driving. Our gas mileage is great- high 30's and sometimes even low 40's for pure highway driving. My husband and I are both very tall and find the cabin more than comfortable. I don't have any complaints about this car!

Best Buy
By Louis "GIR"

2007 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my 2nd MINI and I love them. I have done a ton of upgrades and this car zooms more then I thought it could. I bought mine loaded all the perks. Its been worth every dollar. I have won car shows with this car. If you get one I recommend an "S" can do more with it then a Cooper. Bite the bullet and buy the "S". This is not a car for fuel economy its to have fun and drive. If you get one make sure you wave Hi to other MINI's. Don't be rude show some MINI love. If you are getting it for fuel economy buy a Honda. These cars are meant to be family not just to have, but to have fun in.

Nav, built in bluetooth

Tighter suspension, lower ride, and not stop using parts to slow up the engine. Get to the point with power stop limiting it.