2007 MINI Cooper Hatchback Consumer Reviews 8

2007 MINI Cooper Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
Joy! Utter Joy!
By cj on 07/05/07 13:54 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded in my BMW X3 for the Cooper S. I got so much more than fuel efficiency, which was my initial goal. I totally pimped it out! It is a joy to drive and it is solid! I was amazed at how well it is built and how solid it feels. BMW got it right! The turbo is quick, seamless and no turbo lag. The sound system is killer. The "bun warmer" seats are toasty on those chilly Colorado evenings when I like to drive with the "way cool" double moonroof opened to the max. The styling makes me smile when I drive it and others smile when I cruise by. It corners like a dream. My husband is 6'4" and loves this car. He has a brand new BMW 328XI and I can't get him to leave my MINI alone!

MINI spells F-U-N
By mlg2ca on 07/02/07 06:14 AM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought the car about 2 months ago and never had so much fun driving. I am taking long way to work and making detours! This car is both sporty and eco-friendly. The turbo provides wonderful torque in the twisties yet is economical to drive on the highway in 6th. As some teenagers that walked by my house put it, 'This is a sick ride man !'.

Fun car with a few minor flaws
By blueguydotcom on 06/28/07 10:22 AM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Every morning I look forward to driving my Cooper S. The turbo engine's relatively smooth and eager to rev. With a pretty tight suspension on the car, it seems to swallow most corners with ease. The small exterior dimensions hide a surprisingly roomy interior. I've transported 4 adults in my car without complaint. Fold down rear seats also make the car pretty good at transporting groceries/gear from Costco. Finally, the car nets an astounding 35 mpg for me on the freeway and I get about 30 mpg combined. FWD robs the car of fun though. Until I start a family, the Cooper will meet my needs - small, fun, economical, zippy and easy to maneuver in any environment - it's a perfect urban car.

Unexpectedly Roomy inside
By leapinlizz on 06/18/07 23:15 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Have owned my Mini for three months now. It gets a lot of attention and questions from curious people. People even roll down their windows and ask questions when I'm sitting in traffic. Can't believe how smooth and fast the car accelerates. Torque steer on this car can be a little scary if you punch it hard. Very comfy for two people. Great on gas, averaging 32 MPG with combined city/highway and can go almost 400 miles on one tank. Had a Murano try to follow me through the twisty bits a couple weeks ago. That was funny. The ride can be a little harsh over bumps and is probably not for everyone. Probably the most irritating thing about this car is having traffic in front of you.

I didn't know I could love a car
By tica on 06/16/07 14:12 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Have one year lease on a basic Mini. I got Minnie my Mini 6 weeks ago off the lot, so it came with features I would not have ordered, or known I wanted or needed- but now love. But worrying: From day 3 check engine light came on intermittently-gas cap issues, it seems- then went away. It went on again yesterday (1100 miles) when tank got low so that was ok. But it's fun to drive and I'm not even into cars (I thought.) It's like a go cart but feels super safe and you don't feel small. It is tight if you're on a long trip trying to stuff lots of stuff in the car but with one person you can do it, 2 may be tougher. But I love her! And gets lots of compliments!

Don't fool yourself, get a Mini
By jetic11 on 06/15/07 22:57 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Everything about this car is thought out and designed to perfection. The fit and finish is superior. When the turbo kicks in, it flies. I wanted to get a Solstice but was disappointed with its poor visibility and interior quality. For less money I got the Mini and have not regretted it. It handles just like a go cart, has good visability, feels safe, and the interior is beautiful. The electronic displays are all programmable, including allowing you to call up a speedo in the center of the tach (infront of the wheel). In addition the car keys have memory built in them and remember your personal settings. Absolutly amazing. You won't understand until you drive one.

Mini nightmare
By Dissappointed on 06/10/07 08:52 AM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is not going to be your normal review since, though I've owned this car for just 2 months now, I've actually only had it in my possession for half a day and have only driven it 15 miles. Why? Because it keeps having problems which the dealer either can't identify or fix, and which Mini seems to care nothing about since they seem to have a problem sending parts to repair what they find wrong. My ratings are based on the 15 miles I drove the car. The problems seem to have started when they forgot to remove the gas tank vent plugs on arrival. But after replacement of the entire fuel system it's still having problems. Yes, it's a lemon and in frustration I've asked for my money back.

MINI MAC =Fun
By MAC on 05/17/07 22:18 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I waited for the '07 since I liked the design details and 6 speed as a standard on the base MINI. Fun doesn't even begin to explain the driving experience. It seems it calls me when it is parked in the garage or in the work parking lot. Didn't feel I needed the MINI Cooper S and I am perfectly fine with the base MINI. I have been averaging 28 MPG (city driving only) since I have yet to have him (MINI MAC) out on the open road. Oh yes, you will name him or her since it becomes so personalized and full of character. MINI MAC loves the curves and getting the attention he deserves on and of the road. Good gas mileage, lots of newer technology built in, and loads of fun.

I love it!
By graphicjoe on 05/09/07 20:15 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've almost reached the break in mileage so I have not really pushed the car to its limits as yet. But it has great handling in all areas, a lot of grunt for a 1600 cc car, and good mileage. I like the jumbo speedo. The unusual placement of controls that receives lots of complaints isn't a problem for an owner. If you drive the car frequently the control placement becames natural. For my needs it is almost perfect.

Just had the car for a month or two
By jlevy on 04/11/07 13:44 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've got a minimally optioned Cooper S (LSD, HID lights, arm rest, 16" wheels, no sport suspension). The handling of the car is very good. It reminds me of an MR-2 I used to have and is much more responsive than the WRX I traded for it. It's just plain fun to drive. Torque steer and the LSD can conspire to twist the wheel a little - use two hands. Power from the 1.6 turbo motor is very nice - not as fast as the WRX I traded (Cobb stg 3), but very useable low end torque and nicely spaced ratios in the manual 6 speed trans.