2007 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
The next generation MINI Cooper S
By IZZY GP on 08/17/07 01:54 AM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Compared to the 2002-2006 MINI cooper S the current MINI is leaps and bounds ahead. Providing quicker 0-60mph and overtaking times. The engine is a major improvment and one can see and feel that this is actually a BMW designed vehicle.

Mixed experience
By ndmyr on 08/14/07 13:29 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is a great performing car, but mine has been in the shop more than I have driven it. DSC and brake warning light is on constantly and DSC doesn't work. My windshield wipers also come on by themselves after I turn the car off which is very irritating. The dealer says the electronic control part is on "national order" status from Mini in Germany which leads me to believe that there must be a lot of other owners with the same problem. I'll have to wait and see if this car can outperform the Toyotas I have owned in the past. I also wish I had the leather seats - the "leatherette" plastic seats make you sweat like crazy and feel cheap relative to the cost of the car. Avoid them.

Best Car for Singles
By Dunphyj on 08/08/07 10:28 AM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

i've had my 2007 Mini Cooper S, Lazer Blue with Black roof and bonnet stripes. premium, sport and cold weather package, LSD, bluetooth and nav for about 3 weeks. Yeah that stuff adds a wee bit of weight but this car is by far the best car I have ever owned! I have a manual transmission and the throws are typical BMW throw length. Best fuel economy ever! I average 33.2mpg currently at 2240 miles. The ride could be rough for some, but I'm a sporty guy so it's perfect for highway passing and back roads. Trunk is small but perfect for if it's just two

So much fun to drive but...
By Gie on 08/02/07 09:10 AM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought in June brand new, third car only driven occassionally. Loved the car, so much fun to drive though handling is a bit rough. Yesterday, at 1171 miles, it began 'jumping'. I am no car expert and the best way to describe the problem is like when driving a stick and you dont change gears properly. Needless to say it will be going back to dealer as soon as we can get it there.

Joy! Utter Joy!
By cj on 07/05/07 13:54 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded in my BMW X3 for the Cooper S. I got so much more than fuel efficiency, which was my initial goal. I totally pimped it out! It is a joy to drive and it is solid! I was amazed at how well it is built and how solid it feels. BMW got it right! The turbo is quick, seamless and no turbo lag. The sound system is killer. The "bun warmer" seats are toasty on those chilly Colorado evenings when I like to drive with the "way cool" double moonroof opened to the max. The styling makes me smile when I drive it and others smile when I cruise by. It corners like a dream. My husband is 6'4" and loves this car. He has a brand new BMW 328XI and I can't get him to leave my MINI alone!

MINI spells F-U-N
By mlg2ca on 07/02/07 06:14 AM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought the car about 2 months ago and never had so much fun driving. I am taking long way to work and making detours! This car is both sporty and eco-friendly. The turbo provides wonderful torque in the twisties yet is economical to drive on the highway in 6th. As some teenagers that walked by my house put it, 'This is a sick ride man !'.

Fun car with a few minor flaws
By blueguydotcom on 06/28/07 10:22 AM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Every morning I look forward to driving my Cooper S. The turbo engine's relatively smooth and eager to rev. With a pretty tight suspension on the car, it seems to swallow most corners with ease. The small exterior dimensions hide a surprisingly roomy interior. I've transported 4 adults in my car without complaint. Fold down rear seats also make the car pretty good at transporting groceries/gear from Costco. Finally, the car nets an astounding 35 mpg for me on the freeway and I get about 30 mpg combined. FWD robs the car of fun though. Until I start a family, the Cooper will meet my needs - small, fun, economical, zippy and easy to maneuver in any environment - it's a perfect urban car.

Unexpectedly Roomy inside
By leapinlizz on 06/18/07 23:15 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Have owned my Mini for three months now. It gets a lot of attention and questions from curious people. People even roll down their windows and ask questions when I'm sitting in traffic. Can't believe how smooth and fast the car accelerates. Torque steer on this car can be a little scary if you punch it hard. Very comfy for two people. Great on gas, averaging 32 MPG with combined city/highway and can go almost 400 miles on one tank. Had a Murano try to follow me through the twisty bits a couple weeks ago. That was funny. The ride can be a little harsh over bumps and is probably not for everyone. Probably the most irritating thing about this car is having traffic in front of you.

I didn't know I could love a car
By tica on 06/16/07 14:12 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Have one year lease on a basic Mini. I got Minnie my Mini 6 weeks ago off the lot, so it came with features I would not have ordered, or known I wanted or needed- but now love. But worrying: From day 3 check engine light came on intermittently-gas cap issues, it seems- then went away. It went on again yesterday (1100 miles) when tank got low so that was ok. But it's fun to drive and I'm not even into cars (I thought.) It's like a go cart but feels super safe and you don't feel small. It is tight if you're on a long trip trying to stuff lots of stuff in the car but with one person you can do it, 2 may be tougher. But I love her! And gets lots of compliments!

Don't fool yourself, get a Mini
By jetic11 on 06/15/07 22:57 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Everything about this car is thought out and designed to perfection. The fit and finish is superior. When the turbo kicks in, it flies. I wanted to get a Solstice but was disappointed with its poor visibility and interior quality. For less money I got the Mini and have not regretted it. It handles just like a go cart, has good visability, feels safe, and the interior is beautiful. The electronic displays are all programmable, including allowing you to call up a speedo in the center of the tach (infront of the wheel). In addition the car keys have memory built in them and remember your personal settings. Absolutly amazing. You won't understand until you drive one.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.