2007 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
Good, fun car.
By jterry on 12/03/07 08:50 AM (PST)

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had my MINI for a couple of months now and have put about 2000 miles on it. This car makes driving an enjoyable activity. The gas mileage is great and the front seat is suprisingly roomy. Can't say the same for the back.

Speedometer
By sweeper2 on 11/14/07 20:06 PM (PST)

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

The Mini is fun to drive and gets good gas mileage but it has two serious faults that would keep me from buying another Mini. First, the speedometer is off over 5 mph at 75 mph, the speedometer reads 80 mph when I am going 75 mph. I called Mini and they said that this was within design specs and they wouldn't and couldn't make the speedometer accurate. The other problem is with the road noise. It is difficult to talk on a cell phone at highway speeds. If they would fix these two issues and offer better customer service it would be a great car.

Speedometer faulty
By speed on 11/09/07 09:47 AM (PST)

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I really enjoy driving this vehicle but there are some serious deficiency's that would prevent me from buying another Mini. The first is the road noise. Mini really needs to reduce the road noise, its so loud that at highway speeds its difficult to talk on my cell phone. Another significant problem is the speedometer, when I am going 75 mph the speedometer in the Mini reads 81 mph. I called Mini and they said that it is within design specs and they could not and would not fix the speedometer. This sloppiness in performance and the unwillingness of Mini to take care of the problem makes me wonder about Mini's integrity. I don't think it's too much to ask that the speedometer be accurate.

Find the power band
By jggimi on 10/26/07 12:01 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

The normally aspirated Mini Cooper is a great deal of fun. While it lacks the punch of the Cooper S, it still has quite acceptable acceleration if you are in the appropriate RPM range. I happened to acquire one with the 6-speed auto transmission. If you include the sport mode, there are six different operational settings for the tranny, and there is a learning curve to figure them all out. I usually drive in manumatic/steptronic mode with the heavier steering of the sport mode enabled. The paddles on the steering wheel are especially convenient, and I do not miss a clutch pedal in heavy stop and go traffic. The wheels are on the corners, which makes for wickedly fun cornering!

"Coop"
By April on 10/25/07 14:05 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Got my car in June. I had a VW Beetle before so I'm used to a small car but Coop seems to be getting smaller everytime I get in. Leatherette seats make you sweat & the doors won't stay open. The cup holders are not usable, except the one in the back & the arm rest is in the way of that one. It drives fun when you go fast but in the city with stop & go traffic, it jumps a lot. Not sure if that's normal, but the dealership assures me that it is. It's been in the shop 2x since I've gotten it, the first time b/c my check engine light came on & I asked them to check the "jumpyness". They reset the computer & replaced recalled parts but then it became really jumpy & was smoking. Got it back today.

Great car, but...
By wlwhoosier on 10/05/07 11:18 AM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Had the car for only a few weeks. Lot's of fun to drive. Always drove Honda products--MINI could take some hints on interior feature design.

Comfort Problem
By Very Diffrent on 10/03/07 23:22 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

The car runs like a charm, design is unlike any other. Pick up is great on sport mode. Not quick without sportmode on, sometimes its annoying trying to pass others in traffic. My problem with the car is the arm rest. first of all its a option and even with it inside its low and very un omfortable. Maybe it's because I didnt get leather seats? Other than that car is solid. One small thing I started hearing some noise on the driver side back tire like as if something was stuck to the tire but there wasn't anything there. I got get it checked

Great, Fun car
By Aisling on 09/20/07 17:49 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car, have no regrets, its so much fun to drive and when you have to drive an hour to work each way you need a fun car. It really makes the drive so much more pleasant.

Great Compromise
By iNomis on 09/10/07 10:55 AM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is a perfect compromise daily driver. Good performance, comfort and economy. I'm getting over 35 MPG lately. Sure you can find a car that beats the MINI in a few areas but you can't find any car at any price that does all the things as well as the MINI does. It's worth the extra money you may need to pay for it. So far...

The next generation MINI Cooper S
By IZZY GP on 08/17/07 01:54 AM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Compared to the 2002-2006 MINI cooper S the current MINI is leaps and bounds ahead. Providing quicker 0-60mph and overtaking times. The engine is a major improvment and one can see and feel that this is actually a BMW designed vehicle.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.