Used 2007 MINI Cooper Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

Banana S
By banana

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Great little car. Harsh ride though. Lots of Rattles and squeaks. Never has let me down. Great mileage I'm getting 42mpg with my modifications.

Power to weight ratio. Just had a dyno done. 300hp to the wheels.

Fix the Ride and the rattle problems. Make a real automatic wiper function.

Fun/Frustrating!!!!
By bean

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have to agree that this is the most unreliable car ever! I have only owned since June 2009 From November - January 6 I have had the timing valve, fueld pump, and most recent intake manifold replaced. As above having to drive 2 hours for service and then also for the oil change and then the service light came on again and when we went in for the computer read NOTHING needed to be done, wasted trip. Everytime one of the parts needed replacing the mgr. of the service dept said oh yes, we've had problems with that part. When will it end?? MINI has been a dream car of mine and I am so totally disappointed in reliability!

Beautiful organish leather interior, feels like a race car, everyone looks at the car at intersections and even peak in the windows in parking lots (proof if strange handprints on my windows lol). Corners like it's on rails, there are great MINI clubs.

2007 seems to be a year many flaws with this car, corporate didn't even make excuses when I called about how many times it's been serviced. I worry about when the warranty expires if I can even afford to keep the damn thing.

Fun, but don't get the Turbo
By MartyJ

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had my 2007 Cooper S for 2 years and have over 48,000 miles on it. I LOVE to drive it, but I've had several issues with the turbo engine, mostly the turbo itself. It's been replaced twice and I also had to have the valve cover replaced, all under warranty. This is my third Mini, first was an '02 Cooper. Second was an '05 S with the supercharged engine, which I had NO problems with. I would probably still have that one, but a drunk driver took care of that for me! If I were to do it again, I would stick with the base Cooper, unless they bring back the supercharger. Was much more reliable. On top of that, the closest dealer is a 90-minite drive away.

Driving fun, seats, seating position, safety, appearance, handling.

Better engine, turbo needs to be more reliable or go back to the supercharger, better dealer network.

nickel and dime Fun
By chandeau

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Driving experience is fun fun fun. The reliability is not so fun. There is a design flaw where it won't start in really cold temps. My sunroof won't open when its really hot. I have it in the shop twice to get lights replaced and two other times for minor issues. The seats are great for short trips since they hug you in the seat...but for long trips my lower back aches terribly. Also, the center console opens on its own by merely brushing it with my arm, needs a better closing mechanism. The sunroom screen doesn't block enough sun.

Great looks, performance and handling.

Fix cold weather start issue, better seats for long trips, better center console, improve sunroof screen, better placement of drink holders, more user-friendly computer (need the manual every time there's an issue). In my opinion, if its only two years old, there shouldn't be any issues!

23 Years of BMW
By S_Car_Go

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Between my husband and I we've owned a BMW product since 1986. The Mini is truly a BMW and comes with all the benefits and the drawbacks. BMW is all about what's under the hood - great engine, handling and braking. BMW really doesn't care if your drink fits in the cupholder of if the interior uses materials that makes it look worse than an econo box. After all, you're having too much fun driving to notice! If it's anything like our other BMWs, expect that each visit to the mechanic will be about $1,000 - it will happen enough to be painful but not enough to hate the car. Go to a Mini car club dinner (yes, you women too) to meet other owners and find out the best mechanics, body shop etc

I have the Mellow Yellow with the yellow line interior. Mini has line interior kits if you want a change. Also there are lots of internet sites for all sorts of customization. One of the best features are other Mini owners. Join the Mini club for more driving fun!

Upgrade interior materials. Improve fit and finish.

• SUV