2007 MINI Cooper Consumer Reviews 6

2007 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
Gotta love it!
By Nick on 03/19/08 23:48 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this as my first ever new car. Within seconds of pushing the start button I was grinning ear to ear, and it hasn't stopped since. The fun factor of this car is off the charts. I have a feeling those who buy a Mini want a car that makes their heart race a little every time they sit in it. It drives and handles like a dream. I decided to go for the S package and get the better performance and pay more for that instead of paying for leather seats and an upgraded interior. I'm glad I did as the interior is already pretty nice in it's stock form. Overall it's a great car. There's ample room inside. In fact I can fit my skis inside instead of on the roof.

My forever car
By mini love on 03/19/08 21:52 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I did a lot of homework on this car, selected what I wanted and have no regrets. The weather outside is not an issue with this car. (and this Chicago winter has been nonstop). Be sure to get the heated seats!) Mileage is good, handling is superb, and very precise. I have the upgraded radio and have rear dimming mirror, which are a must. xenon headlights are perfect for night driving. since you are going to purchase this car, go for the color and interiors that make you happy. Keep it clean, and it will remain looking brand new. Have had no problems for the 6 mos. I've owned it, just lots of onlookers, smiles, waves, and questions from curious people and other Mini drivers. Go for it!

My Alohamobile
By Dan Canete on 03/17/08 13:42 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Moved from an Escalade to my Mini convertible and didn't even miss the lost space. And parking is so much easier. I look forward to driving with the top down to and from work. Lucky I can do this all year round in Hawaii. I have the extra Sidewalk package that often gets second looks. And even the wife likes it. Now, that's an endorsement.

My very first brand new car
By Siava on 03/12/08 06:38 AM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Owning a MINI is sentimental and an experience I've been looking forward to. I am not disappointed in the least! My drive to work and home is approximately 65 miles per day and this week I'm averaging 41 mpg. Last week it was 44! I only have to fill up once a week vs. 2 1/2 times in my old Ford Focus. I'm usually afraid to drive in the rain, but I've not been since driving this car. I really feel connected to the road. I can't rave enough about my little Jerry.

Fun Car.
By Bobby on 03/09/08 18:45 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I was extremely surprised with this car. My wife and I had never drove this car when we left the dealership we left with the MINI. Also, the car is fun to drive and it gets up and go more than most 4 cylinder cars. Go get it you won't be disappointed!

Two Thumps Up
By NJ Mini on 01/22/08 13:05 PM (PST)

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car has performed beyond my expectations. I have had no problems with the car and have been impressed by its quality, performance and economy. Having driven it for 5 months and over 5,000 miles the car continues to put a smile on my face each time I get behind the wheel.

Go-cart
By eric gilbert on 01/21/08 22:39 PM (PST)

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had this car for a few months now and love to drive it. The S has super powers. Cuts well in traffic. The car interior is not intuitive. The computer settings are odd, and it takes some time to get adjusted to how it all works. The HVAC controls are really bad but, that's all minor stuff. Overall not a great family car but wholly momma it makes for a great daily driver. I nearly look forward to the commute. I got the standard seats which seem comfortable, but sticky in warm weather. The summer might kill me. Actual gas mileage with normal 50/50 highway/street commute 29.5 mpg. I was hoping for a few higher.

My 2nd MINI and still the best to Drive
By Luis Rojas on 01/20/08 17:25 PM (PST)

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I am on my 2nd MINI Cooper and I love it. I think this is one of the best yet the interior is better then my '05 and the power is great. I know when I need the speed I got it. I love cutting in and out of traffic in my small MINI. The price was high but what can I say price didn't matter to me it was worth the 38K.

German idea of the MINI
By Mini driver on 01/03/08 08:09 AM (PST)

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Excellent car to drive, no need for the larger engine, especially with the 'boost' button provided. Corners nicely without additional sport suspension. Typical BMW ride, hard on the ground. Not a good car in snow. 6 speed transmission makes longer drives easy. Although small, it fits two adults and a full size cello in a hard case, but forget the back seat except for a dog rest. A nice reproduction of the original car and has been a real treat to drive.

Fun, But Likely Won't Buy Another
By Kurt on 12/19/07 23:57 PM (PST)

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Engine computer malfunctions cause the car to die and require a tow about every three months, each time with the family onboard. My young son went from loving it to hating it and would rather go in our Land Rover on weekends.