2007 MINI Cooper Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
Awesomest car to ever buy!
By Mini_Car_Luvr45 on 06/28/08 17:41 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

This is the cutest and coolest car I've ever seen, and I hope to drive another one some day, because it is just so fun to drive, and I love the way it feels as you drive along the streets. It's so fuel-efficient, and I couldn't believe how it could squeeze into a tight parking space! I'm telling you, this is a one-of-a- kind car! You'll be very happy!

R56 MCS
By shaweety on 06/26/08 14:50 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've driven this car in snow, on ice, across the country (1700 miles)) and back and forth to work. Love it. The car is roomy for one, tight for two passengers on a longer trip where both wish to have a drink in the holders at the same time. I usually have my cell phone in one of the cup holders which is handy. Cornering is fun, tight, no sway. No problem in traffic, visibility is great, power to get out of anyones way or away from traffic is supreme. I've got a roof rack on my MINI. I used it to maximize cargo capacity if I ever have the need, but be aware, there is wind noise with the rack but I've gotten used to it. Would buy again!

Built like a tank, with fun and efficiency
By MINIme on 06/15/08 21:06 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This little car is the most fun car I have ever owned. It is also the most fuel efficient vehicle I've ever owned. Combine it with practicality of a hatchback and you have the most perfect little car in the world. Get a 6 speed and you will have the most fun one can have in a car with clothes on. Even with aggressive driving, I still get better than 30 mpg city/hwy. If I am cruising on freeway, I get about 38 mpg. But with the traction control off I can burn the rubber anytime I want to!

Absolutely Loving It
By Patricia on 06/09/08 16:25 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

It's wonderful! I have a 75 mile a day commute on a very winding road. This car makes the trip a lot of fun. It handles like a dream. I average 45 mpg, sometimes more, sometimes less depending on driving conditions, but I haven't gotten less than 41. The controls did take some getting used to, but that's just one more thing that makes this car unique. It is surprisingly roomy. I got a pretty basic model and it is still loaded with lots of nice features that most other cars only offer as "added features". I bought this car just as a work car that would be cheap on gas, but its so fun to drive that I drive it everywhere. My other vehicles are just collecting dust.

Great, But Would I Buy Another One?
By Hippie on 06/09/08 12:21 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My MINI has NAV and all options. It reminds me of my 7 series except its smaller, more fun to drive, and it's never in the shop. Had a few quirks iPod installer screen getting stuck, but it resolved itself. Speaking of maintenance, I haven't needed any. Nothing. Nada. I have almost 12K miles on the car, and the coputer says it will be another year before it will need its first service. That said, we started shopping around for a larger vehicle because we're adding to our family, and the prices we're being quote for trade in are near ridiculous. $22K trade value in for a $34K car? Lease it, but don't buy it.

Beyond Expectations
By grape8 on 05/03/08 17:33 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I could not be happier after living with this car for 9 months. Performance and comfort is exceptional. Great gas mileage (34MPG) with more than enough HP. Fun to drive, Everything works the way its supposed to. I would definitely buy again.

Fun but poisoned
By Fun but poisoned on 04/24/08 22:07 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car should win the Bang for the Buck contest. It is a performer that is easy on the gas. 0-60mph under 7 seconds and gets 30 mpg city/highway. There is no other car that can match the performance and the fuel efficiency of the new MINI Cooper S. But the engine makes loud noises like a diesel truck. On some occasions, it is worse as if it is grinding on some internal metal parts. Dealer has not found the solution yet. I have my fingers crossed that the MINI company will find a permanent cure for this problem. The car rattles sometimes. Handling is second to none.

Good Lord, I love this car
By Jerry on 04/20/08 11:39 AM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I upgraded my 1996 Honda Civic Hatchback with a 2007 MINI Cooper last April. I drove it 20000 miles this past year. It's first scheduled maintenance, an oil change, was about 2 weeks ago. There isn't anything I would change on this car. I love driving it to work, taking the kids to their activities, and just getting around town. It drives like a dream and gets fantastic mileage. The stereo sounds great too.

Gotta love it!
By Nick on 03/19/08 23:48 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this as my first ever new car. Within seconds of pushing the start button I was grinning ear to ear, and it hasn't stopped since. The fun factor of this car is off the charts. I have a feeling those who buy a Mini want a car that makes their heart race a little every time they sit in it. It drives and handles like a dream. I decided to go for the S package and get the better performance and pay more for that instead of paying for leather seats and an upgraded interior. I'm glad I did as the interior is already pretty nice in it's stock form. Overall it's a great car. There's ample room inside. In fact I can fit my skis inside instead of on the roof.

My forever car
By mini love on 03/19/08 21:52 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I did a lot of homework on this car, selected what I wanted and have no regrets. The weather outside is not an issue with this car. (and this Chicago winter has been nonstop). Be sure to get the heated seats!) Mileage is good, handling is superb, and very precise. I have the upgraded radio and have rear dimming mirror, which are a must. xenon headlights are perfect for night driving. since you are going to purchase this car, go for the color and interiors that make you happy. Keep it clean, and it will remain looking brand new. Have had no problems for the 6 mos. I've owned it, just lots of onlookers, smiles, waves, and questions from curious people and other Mini drivers. Go for it!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.