Used 2007 MINI Cooper Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

Great car!
By qwika

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my Mini used in March 2010 with 60,000 miles on it. I was really torn at the time between a Cooper S and a Cooper. I got a great deal on my Cooper and have to say it is one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. This car is so much fun to drive, has great gas mileage, and looks. I drive 72 miles one way to work and usually get around 40 mpg on my trips. My trip is through a lot of back roads and highways, and is fun :) even in the snow here in central Pennsylvania. It is so hard to walk past this car without jumping in it a taking it for a drive.

Everything.

Although this car does have four seats unless you have children it doesn't really sit four. My wife, two year-old, three year-old, and I do take frequent road trips in the Mini.

Great Fun When Not In Shop
By Ron M

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought our S new years eve in 2007 Had great experience with the handling and power. It's probably one of the coolest looking cars on the road today. However, my wife and I were discussing our dilemma last night deciding whether to pay the $1800 to repair rear gasket oil leak or trade it in. Now that we are out of warranty it looks like she'll be going. During first 50000 miles had fuel pump issue oxygen sensor,and numerous other problems. Has been in the shop a total of five weeks in the three years we had it.Too bad! We'll miss her but can't afford to keep her!Will trade her in on a Honda.

Looks Handling Power Fun to drive!

Build them so people can afford to keep them. Mini wont survive without repeat buyers!

Reliability?
By used07?

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The first mini i drove was a 03 cooper S and i fell in love with it. I just purchased a 07 cooper S used with only 42,000 miles and figured it was a good deal. WRONG! Within the first 3 weeks it wouldn't start and the problem was a coolant temp sensor (warranty covered). The car ran great for about another 3 weeks and now the motor knocks badly and it needs a timing chain according to the service department. Also the transmission has a slow leak. I am terrified about when the factory warranty is up. Mini made a huge mistake in my opinion by letting BMW take control of the motors. I definitely wish i bought a supercharged model rather than the turbo, just way too many issues for my liking.

when the car ISN'T at the dealer for its mechanical problems, it is a blast to drive. gets looks everywhere I go and handles like a Indy car

mini should buy all of the 07's back and give us 08's! total waste of money and i cannot wait until i sell this car. i will NEVER EVER buy another turbo charged cooper.

Don't be fooled
By MC

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I fell in love with my MINI at the dealership... Thought it was a great deal. A 2007 with only 20k on it! At a good price too. I had the car for no more than a month, only having added 800 miles to the ODO when... BAM! There goes my transmission! Luckily it was still under warranty. But then come to find out the engine has a whole load of problems too... And so ends my MINI Cooper experience. Traded it in for a prius. Idk if it was my individual car of the quality of 2007 mini's but beware.

The Look, the fuel economy (35-45 avg on my automatic), the handling.

Make a car that actually has an ounce of reliability. And a full sized spare.

Timing chain
By okyourway

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love my car but it started knocking when I started the engine, and the service light was on. I have had it almost 3 years. I was dismayed to find they needed to replace the timing chain. They said they "upgraded it." With the amount of money I spent on the car, why would they need to upgrade anything? I'm trying to sort things out before I give up the car I really love to call my own.