Used 2007 MINI Cooper Consumer Reviews - 101 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

2007 MINI Cooper

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

Don't waste your money on a Mini Cooper!
By Hansen

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had Japanese cars, American cars, BMW's and VW's. This car by far is the worst car I've ever owned. The car manufacturer knows they messed up on the Sports model and they knew they were putting-out a piece of JUNK. The Shaft on the Turbo, on the sports models, shears away and messes-up the engine. I had to spend $7500.00 on an engine. The manufacturer (BMW) settled out of court on a class suit action in regards to its defective engine parts. To read more search for "Skeen vs BMW of North America, LLC (Civil No. 2:13-cv-01531-WHW-CLW)".

2007 Mini owned for a mini month
By Suzanne Countryman

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Fun to drive; very low ground clearance.

Buyer Beware
By CTMINICOOPER

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I would not recommend MINI Cooper brand. I reside in CT and the brand is not reliable and the maintenance cost is absurd, unless money is not a concern for you. The cost and reliability will trump the fun after the warranty expires.

If you live in CT or state similar to CT (climate and roads), if the vehicle will be your sole / primary car, if you want to own it for more than three years, then I would recommend against a Mini Cooper. Based on friends, colleagues, and me, you should research and listen to others who have lived the experience. Your pockets and frustrations will be felt more than the fun in driving it. Headquarters and dealerships do not take ownership of their brand, even when 200,000 of their vehicles have the same issues. Do the deep research and you will find the consistent issues with this brand.

This car was a nightmare!
By Annoyomos

2007 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is the worse car I've ever had! A MINI Cooper Convertible 2007 standard version and I was so excited when I first purchased this car. I felt like a celebrity because kids would run up to it and hug it. I just loved the way the wind felt against my hair as I drove with the top down. We all know this car kills you with cuteness. Don't be blinded by its adorable exterior its super sensitive money eating machine. The first year the dash board was lit up with issues. The first two years I drove a loaner and Mini Cooper employees knew my face very well and I should of moved right in.
Anyway this car has steering wheel issues that will cost you thousands of dollars to fix it. An airbag recall that Mini will repair but leave you to any other airbag related issue ( dashboard lighting ) that's probably related to the stupid recall but they want you to pay for it. I had plugin problems with the cooling system what ever that means.. The car would be shut off and it would sound like its still on trying to cool off.
One issues that drove me crazy was you cant bring this car to any mechanic because this is a foreign car they have no clue what to do with your car. I've had mechanics break parts on the car doing a simple oil change or changing the brake light( broke trunk light by leaning on it during a repair) so I was a slave to MINI cooper. I couldn't take it anywhere else which is super annoying. MINI isn't trustworthy either though. I went in and asked them to check my engine because the light was one. I specifically asked them to check my fluids. They didn't and later my car over heated and was smoking everywhere. They came and served it but I was a scared mess after the experience. They apologize but constantly repeat the same screw-ups due to lack of communication with the mechanics and service reps.
Overall I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone and if you want to spend money on two cars to keep one cute one go ahead.. I drove around anxious all the time worrying about what light will come on next and how many thousands of dollars will cost me when the next light comes on. Not away to live

Love and Loathe
By Kelly

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

If you insist on buying a Mini, then buy a new Mini and the extended warranty. The warranty will pay for itself after the first repair. Be sure that you have support in your area in the form of a dealership or a garage that is known for working on Minis. (It is very difficult to find an independent garage that excels on Mini service and maintenance.) Sell the car before the warranty ends. If you keep it after the warranty expires, be ready to pay $1000 and up for each repair, and there will be numerous repairs, for example, the water pump (replaced 2x), thermostat housing, oil pan seal (replaced 2x), moonroof repairs, rear door latch (replaced 2x), cylinders misfiring, oil leaks, axle seal replacement, etc.)

I loved how the Mini Cooper looked and drove. The handling, especially around corners, was amazing. This car was truly enjoyable to drive. For the size of the car, it had a lot more cargo space than expected. I used the Mini for trips to warehouse stores like Sam's Club and Costco.

I loathe the car, however, because of the cost to maintain and the frequency that it was in the shop being repaired. This car is not reliable or practical in terms of cost and upkeep. Due to the overall cost to purchase and maintain, I will never buy another Mini again.