2007 MINI Cooper Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
My Alohamobile
By Dan Canete on 03/17/08 13:42 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Moved from an Escalade to my Mini convertible and didn't even miss the lost space. And parking is so much easier. I look forward to driving with the top down to and from work. Lucky I can do this all year round in Hawaii. I have the extra Sidewalk package that often gets second looks. And even the wife likes it. Now, that's an endorsement.

Mixed experience
By ndmyr on 08/14/07 13:29 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is a great performing car, but mine has been in the shop more than I have driven it. DSC and brake warning light is on constantly and DSC doesn't work. My windshield wipers also come on by themselves after I turn the car off which is very irritating. The dealer says the electronic control part is on "national order" status from Mini in Germany which leads me to believe that there must be a lot of other owners with the same problem. I'll have to wait and see if this car can outperform the Toyotas I have owned in the past. I also wish I had the leather seats - the "leatherette" plastic seats make you sweat like crazy and feel cheap relative to the cost of the car. Avoid them.

So much fun to drive but...
By Gie on 08/02/07 09:10 AM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought in June brand new, third car only driven occassionally. Loved the car, so much fun to drive though handling is a bit rough. Yesterday, at 1171 miles, it began 'jumping'. I am no car expert and the best way to describe the problem is like when driving a stick and you dont change gears properly. Needless to say it will be going back to dealer as soon as we can get it there.

Cooper S Convertible -Mini Mania Kits
By JLS on 05/20/07 14:14 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is a really fun car to drive and turns a lot of heads. Performance is exceptional with the MINI mania HP upgrades. Borla exhaust is a little loud on extended trips. A few body fit problems noted and as yet dealer has not been able to fix. A couple of quality issues that you would not expect on a BMW product. One of the key remotes did not work-had to be replaced by dealer. Line to boost gauge pulled loose triggering all kinds of engine warnings. The car is fully loaded with all options so lots of fun things to play with. Performance and looks are real highpoints. Electric top has a few quirks but generally works very well. This is a fun ride!

Fun - Fun - Fun
By aw on 05/14/07 10:39 AM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This car is a must have. Driving with this car is so much fun, especially with the top down. It feels and drives like a sports car. Driving over backroads let you think whether you ever want to stop driving, or as I said to my wife, 'Once Mini ... Mini forever'. Everything in this car is made for fun. And for a convertible of its size, you can still transport 4 people or load the back of the car easily because the seats fold flat.

An Awesome Car
By sunidhi on 02/18/07 17:14 PM (PST)

2007 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

The Mini Cooper is awesome! Driving this car is an excellent experience. I hope other people buy this car and enjoy it just as much as I did!

Best Drive Ever
By zzgman on 12/28/06 14:10 PM (PST)

2007 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

My 2007 Mini Cooper S Convertible has nice handling and performance.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.