2007 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
Six years in, still love it
By adra21 on 10/21/13 15:01 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased this car brand new in the fall of 2007, and still really love it. It handles well, it's fun to drive, it's good-looking, and it does everything I need it to do. It fits into smaller parking spaces (a very nice perk in a city like Los Angeles). Overall great car and I can't recommend it enough. The thing to bear in mind about my feedback: my prior car was a 1988 Jeep Cherokee, so VERY different. And if you're thinking of transitioning from a bigger car to this car, be aware that you'll use your horn a little more, because sometimes people just don't see the car when changing lanes.

Do Not Ever Buy a Mini
By rc_rasmussen on 12/05/12 10:04 AM (PST)

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

What a fun car to drive!! What a horrible car to own!! I've had nothing but maintenance issues with my mini. It's too bad really, cuz I was such a huge fan for the first 2yrs I owned the car. Since then though, never again. I've had all the same issues with the timing chain and tensioner, up to the climax when I was told I would need a new engine at 86k miles. Cost 8000$. Mini agreed to help pay for 0!! I'm now at 98k and the engine has started to seize. I was extremely dilligent in maintenance. Other issues include airbag sensors breaking, replacing a water pump at 52k - cost : 1400$. The kicker - I just finished paying it off 3 months ago.... Save yourself the 24k$

Fun to drive when not being fixed
By oliveb on 12/22/11 22:15 PM (PST)

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my 2007 MC used with 24,000 miles. It was the perfect first car for me -- small, easy to park, fun to drive. However, around 50,000 miles the car's reliability took a turn. This year it was in for service 7 times, towed twice. Everything from steering wheel locks to o2 sensors has needed to be replaced. It has started to overheat, and make discontenting sounds. Alignment pins have started rattling (not covered in warranty - $700 to fix). After a recent service trip the service light was at 10,000 miles and two weeks later its at 7,000 - no possible way I drove 3k in two weeks. My mom and sister both have brand new minis and love them, so perhaps this is a car not to be bought used.

Satisfied
By livelifelove77 on 04/08/11 23:46 PM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I've had my mini for about 3 1/2 years; overall I still love it. I think it is unique and it does everything I need it to do; it just drives fantastic. Cons: the tires wear out extremely fast. I seriously have to rotate and get two new tires at least twice a year. I don't understand why they wear so fast, since I'm not a crazy driver and have low milage. I feel like my car turns on maintenance lights fairly often, even though it is never turns out to be serious ( airbag, check engine ) Also, after about and hour and a half the seats get very uncomfortable. Pros: everything else

Great car!
By qwika on 12/15/10 01:00 AM (PST)

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my Mini used in March 2010 with 60,000 miles on it. I was really torn at the time between a Cooper S and a Cooper. I got a great deal on my Cooper and have to say it is one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. This car is so much fun to drive, has great gas mileage, and looks. I drive 72 miles one way to work and usually get around 40 mpg on my trips. My trip is through a lot of back roads and highways, and is fun :) even in the snow here in central Pennsylvania. It is so hard to walk past this car without jumping in it a taking it for a drive.

Don't be fooled
By MC on 06/20/10 11:24 AM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I fell in love with my MINI at the dealership... Thought it was a great deal. A 2007 with only 20k on it! At a good price too. I had the car for no more than a month, only having added 800 miles to the ODO when... BAM! There goes my transmission! Luckily it was still under warranty. But then come to find out the engine has a whole load of problems too... And so ends my MINI Cooper experience. Traded it in for a prius. Idk if it was my individual car of the quality of 2007 mini's but beware.

I like it
By Mini in VA on 05/20/09 06:00 AM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Owned my Mini for a year and a half and it's been a real treat. NO problems. Even after 8 years people still crane to look at them, so don't buy one if you don't want to be noticed. Although it is admittedly a toy we have taken in on long trips to the beach in South Carolina and skiing in Vermont and it surprisingly accommodated my wife and I and all our gear. The little thing travels really well and seems the longer you are in the seats the better they get. I do wish they had put an opaque screen on the sunroof as the Virginia summers get boiling hot, but the auto down windows on the remote helps that some. Drinks in the cup holders tend to unintentionally turn on the seat heaters too.

A blast to drive, even for a tall guy!
By Brian on 04/04/09 05:01 AM (PDT)

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

The Mini corners like a go-kart and is really fun to drive. I prefer it to my Mercedes 320 Kompressor. I have had absolutely no problems with it. Built 3x more rigid than the average car, and 5***** crash ratin, I feel safer in it than most cars. Get the dual sunroof if possible. Only downside is seeing the stoplights for a 6.6" guy, when the seat is set far back. I get 39.5 mpg 6-speed, the low EPA estimate is a joke!

I love this car
By jules on 02/23/09 09:44 AM (PST)

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I love my Mini and will definitely get another. Amazing for zooming in and out on the highway, and also awesome for city driving. Our gas mileage is great- high 30's and sometimes even low 40's for pure highway driving. My husband and I are both very tall and find the cabin more than comfortable. I don't have any complaints about this car!

Mini = Fun
By gabe on 01/11/09 21:13 PM (PST)

2007 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I have had my Mini for about a year and a half. The car has been fantastic, perfectly reliable, a real blast to drive and is quite efficient. I had debated long and hard about getting the S version; however, I have no regrets. The car is super quick, very powerful, and I get about 38-42 MPG depending on how fast drive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.