Loved it since I bought it.
By Dave Finski on
2006 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
I've loved my 2006 Mini convertible since I bought it brand new. My wife asked me what I'd get on my next one that I didn't get on the one I bought. My answer, "nothing". There isn't anything I feel I should have opted for. Nothing I opted for that I should have done without. Opted for the basic engine. Saved money and don't need the extra horsepower, extra complexity of the turbo now mileage loss from being assertive with the gas pedal. Got the chrome exterior do-dads to cheer it up, leather bolstered seats, AC, manual transmission, more chrome do-dads inside and heated seats. Must get the heated seats. Awesome when the air gets a bit chilly. Now my wife wants her own!
Favorite Features
Bostered leather, heated seats. We use the back seat for stuff we tote or an extra passenger from time to time. Convertible top is terrific.
Suggested Improvements
Some have scorned the cup holder that pivots from dash. I like it. It's not in the way at all, holds my sunglasses or a drink and can be removed at a whim if I so desire. I haven't desired!