2006 MINI Cooper Consumer Review: Great Car! But....

2006 MINI Cooper Convertible - Consumer Review

Great Car! But....
By JKPowers67 on

2006 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

The Mini has been a great around town car, providing solid performance and a lot of fun. If my driving were still largely in town I would never get rid of it. However, I now commute 70 miles per day over rougher surface highways and the road noise is very significant. It makes it hard to talk on the phone, and in a quiet car (no music) it's just annoying. Reliability has been good, but the minor things that have come up required a 2 hour drive to pick up the car. The whole experience has been great, but it's time to move on. I pick up my Infinity G37 this afternoon. But I'll really miss my Mini.

Convertible top is great, and the car looks fantastic with the top down. Great engine, smooth acceleration. The Harmon Kardon sound system sounds great.

Less road noise. Improved build quality geared toward removing the annoying rattles. It needs a little better 0-60 performance.