2006 MINI Cooper Consumer Review: smiling everyday

2006 MINI Cooper - Consumer Review

2006 MINI Cooper

S Convertible (1.6L 4-cyl. Supercharger 6-speed Manual)

smiling everyday
By sarahbeara on

2006 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

If you want to cheer yourself up everytime you get behind the wheel, then the Mini Cooper is for you! This is the zippiest little car I've ever driven. Every detail is thoughtfully designed and I've loved every minute I've had it. For a few thousand dollars more (we were looking for a used prius or civic) I realized that I could buy a car that I seriously love. I now LOOK FORWARD to driving. It's the kind of a treat that I highly recommend - better than an expensive vacation. Spend a few more dollars on a mini cooper, and you will be investing in a decade of smiles!

Sporty Blue chrome dashboard and amazingly cool doors, seat-warmer, stereo system, leather- wrapped steering wheel, relatively quiet ride, assability to merge into heavy traffic effortlessly.

The passenger door handle sticks sometimes. The trunk light will come on every now and then - it's a little finicky. Seriously, in the grand scheme of things, I'm driving a mini cooper S convertible - I have nothing to complain about.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By meganalain
on 02/07/12 08:41 AM (PST)

@Sarahbeara Do you still have your Mini? I'm considering a used (2004- 2006) convertible but I'm wondering how well it's kept up. I know it will ultimately depend on exactly what car I get and how well it was taken care of but do you have any comments or advice on the convertible? Any leaks? Electrical issues?