Used 2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

I Love My New Mini
By Anabela

2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased my first Mini after wanting one for the last three years. It is so much fun to drive and is truly the kind of car I don't mind making payments on every month. It handles very well, has great personality and fits into any parking spot out there.

I love the Harmon Kardon stereo and the controls on the steering wheel. The moonroof is great too, it makes this car look so beautiful!

The interior design is the only place where Minis are lacking. The cup holders are small and misplaced, the gauges and and doors have too much plastic and look a bit like a toy car. I think a quirky interior is fitting for this car, but maybe make it a bit higher quality. Overall a this is a great car.

Sporty and Fun
By travlr

2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My red Mini with a black roof, black bonnet stripes, and Union Jack side and interior mirror makes many people smile as I drive by. It's quick and maneuverable in Manhattan traffic. I rarely drive higher than 3rd gear in the city and it scoots into the traffic lanes very nicely.

It has great brakes, comfortable seats, good visibility, is very solid on the road and holds the track as if it's on a railroad line.

The center armrest should be standard. I bought an aftermarket one, which is terrific.

Love This Car
By melissa

2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is every bit as much fun as it looks. It's also very solid. I was recently rear-ended and couldn't believe how sturdy the car is.

It drives like a go-cart, but faster and parks anywhere. It has an iPod connection built in. It gets great gas mileage. It has a navigation system.

The navigation on the stereo isn't the greatest. The interface with the iPod is really basic and a little dissappointing, although the sound is great.

Moving My Mini
By angel

2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Our new Mini has made drives so much fun. I love passing people and having them stare at us, it's cool. I love the waves you get from other Mini owners. It handels like a dream, we haven't had a manual transmission car in years and it just makes the ride and car more fun than ever.

I'm a big man 5'10" 300 lbs. and I fit in it like a dream. The car is so easy to drive. It's just wonderful.

I have no complaints. What a wonderful car to own.

What a Blast!
By Ken w/Evan's help

2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

The Mini Cooper S' acceleration and handling are awesome. This car manuevers better than any car I have ever had the chance to drive. BMWs and Audis are unable to keep up. The performance of this vehicle is the selling point but there are so many other features on this car. The window automatically rolls down 1/2 inch when you open the door and then closes up tightly when you shut it. No more ear popping. The car is so tight that you can be in a high gear at low speed and it still drives smoothly without chugging along like other cars would do. Hold down the button on the key fob and all the windows and sunroof open automatically. The car will let you know when you have a flat tire. Go test drive one!

The xenon head lights, interior lighting, handling, and acceleration.

None