Used 2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

Moving My Mini
By angel

2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Our new Mini has made drives so much fun. I love passing people and having them stare at us, it's cool. I love the waves you get from other Mini owners. It handels like a dream, we haven't had a manual transmission car in years and it just makes the ride and car more fun than ever.

I'm a big man 5'10" 300 lbs. and I fit in it like a dream. The car is so easy to drive. It's just wonderful.

I have no complaints. What a wonderful car to own.

What a Blast!
By Ken w/Evan's help

2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

The Mini Cooper S' acceleration and handling are awesome. This car manuevers better than any car I have ever had the chance to drive. BMWs and Audis are unable to keep up. The performance of this vehicle is the selling point but there are so many other features on this car. The window automatically rolls down 1/2 inch when you open the door and then closes up tightly when you shut it. No more ear popping. The car is so tight that you can be in a high gear at low speed and it still drives smoothly without chugging along like other cars would do. Hold down the button on the key fob and all the windows and sunroof open automatically. The car will let you know when you have a flat tire. Go test drive one!

The xenon head lights, interior lighting, handling, and acceleration.

None

Where Form Meets Function
By Bill Prueter

2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I looked at Mini over a two year period. I test drove it three times before my purchase. I could not be happier. I am impressed that it is the smallest car (143 inches) yet holds four people. My son is 6' 2" and says it is the nicest car he has ever driven (for fun he and I often test drive cars on Saturdays). His leg length does mean that someone can not sit behind him. Other wise we have had four people in the car ride comfortably. This car has zip. My Miata (former car) cornered very well, but this car performs even better. Its acceleration is wonderful. However, on a trip to New York I achieved 44.1 mpg one time and 41.5 another. I live in a small town and typically get 30 mpg.

I can not overstate how well this car rides. I have a good sense of the road. My wife loves this car. She wants one now. The sound system is excellent. This car is very quiet at high speeds. The interior is very well designed and the exterior is different in a good sense. I love the way it handles.

None, the car is superb.

What a Great Car
By Ernfun

2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I love my 2006 Mini Cooper S with the John Cooper Works Kit. I have been to "performance driving" schools at Limerock and New Hampsire International Speedway and was able to keep up with cars costing many times more. You really can't describe how the Mini accelerates and handles until you drive it. The six-speed transmission is unbelievably responsive. I commute 45 minutes each way to work and a boring drive has become an adventure. The sound system is excellent. The back seat is small but I'm able to drive my 12 and 14 year old kids comfortably and they love riding in the car.

The 207 HP combined with the six-speed transmission, great steering, and solid brakes. It's as if you can think where you want to go and the car goes there.

MINI has done a great job managing the tradeoffs. This car works.

Little Hot Chili
By d

2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is the best car to be resurrected. Unlike many movies, this sequel is equally as great as the original.

THe super responsive handling and go-kart-like agility

Lose the run flats, their ride is too harsh. Also, give it better brakes.