2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
Mini Cooper S Couldn't Be Better
By Muschki on 01/10/06 12:38 PM (PST)

2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I have wanted a Mini Cooper since the day they first came out. I'm glad I waited though because they have only gotten better. I really have fun driving my Mini Maus and the GPS system really rocks!

Sports Car Moves in Retro Style Package
By MiniMan on 12/27/05 10:16 AM (PST)

2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We bought the MINI because it looks great. We love the MINI because it is a sportscar in hatchback clothing. This little car begs to be driven. You'll find yourself searching out winding roads to go blasting down. It is a real treat. If you are on the fence about this car, spend some test drive time driving on a twisty 2 lane road and you will be signing your order immediately. After an hour you will feel like you have been driving this car for years. All the moves on the road inspire confidence. It has plenty of room up front for someone 6'4", however there will be no backseat room behind someone of this height.

The Most Fun You Can Have in a Car
By J. Cooper on 12/23/05 12:23 PM (PST)

2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

The MINI Cooper S is as fun as driving gets. According to every woman the see it it's "adorable" I've not yet been impressed with the fuel economy but it's still new and still can't get used to the center console gauges, but it's a small price to pay for this much fun.

better than my corvette
By Mr. B on 12/01/05 14:10 PM (PST)

2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I have had the competition and this is the best. I had a porche 914, a mazda miata and a corvette. The mini blows them away. Everyone said i was crazy foe selling my 2002 corvette for a mini cooper but it was a good choice. The mini is not tempermental and can be driven as a daily driver instaed of just a sunday driver like my other "Toy" cars have been. I can't stop revving and driving it hard. I am a big guy (300lbs) and fit very comfortably in it. It also has goos storage whwn the rear seats are folded down. Mine is pepper white with a black top and black stripes. I also upgraded the wheels to 17's. I also got the automatic transmission which I highly recommend. Its exactly like a stick!

WOW!
By cphoebus on 11/23/05 16:39 PM (PST)

2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I just got my MINI Cooper S and I love it! Everyone wants to drive it and tells me how cool it is. I didn't like the looks of them at first but they grew on me. I am super happy with my new purchase! If you can afford it, definitely get the S model.

My third Mini
By fabworks on 11/19/05 01:26 AM (PST)

2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have purchased three MINIs since 2002 and also own a Porsche 911 Cabriolet. The only reason my Porsche gets driven is to get washed and on a once a month drive down the coast. I love driving my Minis for everyday use.

Cooper S the thrill is back
By RM Joy on 10/27/05 19:01 PM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I have been driving my MINI Cooper S for about 6 months, and it still a blast. The S comes stock with a 168 hp engine, which is plenty of fun, but I did an aftermarket upgrade ($280.00) to bring it up to about 190 hp. I am a lover of small cars, and these cars handle marvelously on the highway or on Oregon's twisty country rodes. Above all, this little car has "character".

Excellent car
By Blitz on 10/05/05 22:02 PM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is the best small car you can find. It's like buying a small BMW 3-Series because the interior has lots of BMW parts. It is very fun to drive, and a very unique car. 2006 is the last year for this generation so the build quality is perfect. I look forward to driving in my Mini every morning.

I Love My Car
By MJM on 09/05/05 10:25 AM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Mini Cooper for only a week however I love this car and just about everyone that sees its ask me questions about it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.