2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
MINI Turns Heads
By Bthayer23 on 08/09/06 05:59 AM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

The first week I owned this car, I gave my boss's daughter a ride around the block and answered questions from three complete strangers about my MINI. It's a flashy car by virtue of its uniqueness, but it has the zip and handling to back it up. Its sensible fuel economy doesn't hurt, either. Take a spin in a MINI at night. The huge speedo gives the whole car an orange glow, and the giant sunroof lets in the moonlight.

MCS is Junk
By randy on 08/04/06 22:18 PM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

We love to drive the '06 Mini Cooper S! Trying adding a stiffer rear sway-bar and the "fun to drive goes off the chart". But Mini's customer service and reliability make this car a piece of junk, a $26,000.00 piece of junk! When the dealership can't resolve an issue you call BMW/Mini and they give you more of the same! Then an employee tells you,"If you think there is something wrong the car why don't you sell it!" With less then 4,000 miles on the car! Now that will make your day! So fun to drive only goes so far. And the Mini has run out of road! One of the issues here is the passenger seat air bag sensor cycles on and off. If God forbid we are in accident an the air bags don't deploy someone could die! Look else where!

Small Wonder
By MiniGirl on 07/26/06 21:03 PM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I love my 2006 Mini Cooper S. It is a blast to drive and handles great. I feel like I'm a kid driving a go-cart. I'm 6' tall, yet I have more head room than I did in the SUV I used to own. I would highly recommend this car to anyone looking for something sporty, fun, and reasonably priced. The Cooper S has MUCH more power than the Cooper. It is worth the extra money. The Harmon-Kardon stereo is also worth the extra money. It sounds fantastic!

Mini Max
By semitame on 07/24/06 21:01 PM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

My Mini has replaced an Audi RS6 as a runabout vehicle. I have an Audi Q7 on order for harsh situations. Going about town with my little go-cart is a blast. I ttook it on freeway from CT to NH. It is a little less friendly on poorly-maintained highways. It has lots of vibrations and I think I need to replace the performance run-flat tires with all-weather tires, and maybe adjust the shocks. I am old. Altogether my 500 mile trip was enjoyable. Pay attention on those bumps...make sure you land where you intended!

My Mini Tex
By jkdy on 07/10/06 15:53 PM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I bought my mini ("Tex") used in Dec. '04 from a dealer. I am a car nut, but Tex has totally hit all the right buttons; I don't have a desire for any other car. I don't like that the dealer is 150+ miles away; it makes getting it serviced tough. I have also bent two rims on icky Michigan roads. I hate that and would like if there were more practical tire options since I drive 75 miles a day. But even with that; when I go to think of another type of car, nothing else is as much fun as the "cute" factor, that everybody from middle-aged ladies to young, make car mechanics, to practical hubbies always seem to comment about. My Tex has the big attitude to match his name and his performance. It's unmatchable!

This Car Rocks!
By hctiev on 07/03/06 19:08 PM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I chose this car over an Acura TL - why? The fun factor! I've gone from HAVING to spend time in the car to WANTING to spend time in the car. I have yet to find two Mini's that are identical. BMW did this right. I now have a car that has all of the British nature combined with the best of German engineering. I'm keeping this car forever.

Excellent
By jasper on 07/02/06 00:35 AM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This car is so fun to drive and reliable. I was pleasently suprised by all of the features that it has. I wouldn't have expected them because when I first saw it I just though it was a cute car. The features coupled with the price make this the best car I have ever owned!

My Mini Cooper S
By Londoner@aol.com on 06/23/06 11:14 AM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

My 2006 Mini Cooper S is fun, fast, and It gets admired constantly. It's zippy and has an amazing amount of room in it for storage.

Finally got one
By MiniAndMe on 06/19/06 20:34 PM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I finally got my Mini Coopeer S. I had to go 1,500 miles to get it. The drive home was the most fun I have had in a while, breaking it in and getting to know it in one fell swoop. The passing is tremendous. The HK stereo is just about perfectly powered and balanced. The combo sun/moofroof is great for cruising, although the roofracks seem to whistle and deflect bugs to the sunroof. This is easy to fix though, they come off and cap in about 10 minutes. I'm 6'2", and still have to move the seat up about 3 clicks from the back, but I pity the people in the back seat behind me. My wife loves it so much I think I'll get her a non-S to keep her out of mine! Drive one, you'll love it.

It's the best.
By epaquin on 06/07/06 09:30 AM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I love to drive my Mini. It's comfy, roomy, everything. and I'm a big girl. I'm 5'11" and i fit comfortably in it. So if you are in the market, I would go for it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.