2006 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
Great Little Car!
By DH on 12/01/06 08:24 AM (PST)

2006 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Mini base model in mid October '06 (red body and white roof) and it's been so much fun to drive! It has great handling and solid steering, true to its BMW heritage and it really drives like a BMW! Though only 115 hps, it does not feel under-powered if you know how to work a stick shift. It is wonderful that the base Mini comes with Leatherette and not fabric since fabric covers eventually get all icky and can't be wiped down.

2006 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible
By bean on 11/29/06 13:22 PM (PST)

2006 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I love this car! It is zippy as heck :).

My Mini
By safetydriven on 11/29/06 08:58 AM (PST)

2006 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I love my Mini. We use her in a driving school and the students love driving her. In a Mini, height is not a problem, if the student is short the seat can easily be raised and if they are tall there is plenty of leg room. Students learn from the very beginning how easy it is to move the steering wheel just a little and the direction changes quickly.

Great car
By jean on 11/29/06 08:46 AM (PST)

2006 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love my MINI. It's fun to drive, gets good gas mileage in town and on the highway, and fits into tight places.

Great Car - Horrid Gas Mileage
By Joe Metro on 11/23/06 13:52 PM (PST)

2006 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

We received our MINI in May '06 - we live in the hills of San Francisco. It is the perfect city car in terms of being able to park anywhere. The power is great and it easily accommodates two men and a dog. Our big gripe is that it is only getting 14 mpg in the city - after break in. We have taken it to the dealer to inspect but they insist nothing is wrong and that low mileage is typical in this model. So why do the claim it "sips gas"? We are very disappointed that our MINI is as bad as an SUV on mileage.

BIG Fun in a Small Car
By Bill on 11/21/06 06:18 AM (PST)

2006 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I have had my MINI since August. I have really enjoyed it. My "second" car is a Lincoln Town Car and I am seriously considering selling it and just keeping my MINI. It is actually easier to enter and exit the MINI than the Lincoln. It always gets looks when I pull away from a light. Evidently some people think it is an "economy" car, but I know it is a "hot rod".

Cooper S with Rally Package
By Ron on 11/08/06 11:54 AM (PST)

2006 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is the most fun I've had with a car in twenty years. I never thought this car would make me feel like this, it's sporty, fast, stylish and a pleasure to drive. I bought my Mini with the air filter upgrade (JCW), it provides a nice sound and a little more performance. Breaking, steering and handling are all you can expect from this car.

Great Car
By james f gill on 11/04/06 09:54 AM (PST)

2006 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

The Mini Cooper S is really fun to drive and roomy for two people.

Great Mini, Will Buy Again
By mark on 11/04/06 07:10 AM (PST)

2006 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

The Mini Cooper S is the best driving automobile for the money! It delivers a great wee factor.

Luv my Coop!
By Linda on 11/04/06 04:03 AM (PST)

2006 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

So far this car has been the greatest. It handles beautifully, has great pickup and is as cute as a bug. I have a Hot Orange Convertible! I traded in a 2005 Cadillac XLR, so I am trying something very different. I like the interior size. Having a back seat is a big benefit, even if it is a tight squeeze to get in it. It does not get the great gas mileage I expected. I only get about 25 mpg. For it's size, and engine, I expected better.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.