2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
Tire Troubles
By 2003 Mini on 10/18/06 10:31 AM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Love this car, but the tires are difficult on it. You have to check the air pressure weekly since they are runflats and to replace them its around $200 per tire. Also, you can't get the tires replaced just anywhere. You must go to a certified foregin car dealer that uses a special machine to change run flats. This is the only downfall of this car so far, but its a biggie since changing all four tires can cost around $1,000 dollars.

I Love It!
By Kate on 10/17/06 23:21 PM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my MINI about a month ago. This car is really fun to drive! I like it even more than I thought I would. It is easy to zip around town and fit into any parking spot. I have had absolutely no problems with visability and the gas mileage seems good so far. I love it!

I Love My New Mini
By Anabela on 09/29/06 20:48 PM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased my first Mini after wanting one for the last three years. It is so much fun to drive and is truly the kind of car I don't mind making payments on every month. It handles very well, has great personality and fits into any parking spot out there.

Sporty and Fun
By travlr on 09/29/06 14:51 PM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My red Mini with a black roof, black bonnet stripes, and Union Jack side and interior mirror makes many people smile as I drive by. It's quick and maneuverable in Manhattan traffic. I rarely drive higher than 3rd gear in the city and it scoots into the traffic lanes very nicely.

Love This Car
By melissa on 09/20/06 17:32 PM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is every bit as much fun as it looks. It's also very solid. I was recently rear-ended and couldn't believe how sturdy the car is.

Moving My Mini
By angel on 09/07/06 09:04 AM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Our new Mini has made drives so much fun. I love passing people and having them stare at us, it's cool. I love the waves you get from other Mini owners. It handels like a dream, we haven't had a manual transmission car in years and it just makes the ride and car more fun than ever.

What a Blast!
By Ken w/Evan's help on 09/01/06 17:00 PM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

The Mini Cooper S' acceleration and handling are awesome. This car manuevers better than any car I have ever had the chance to drive. BMWs and Audis are unable to keep up. The performance of this vehicle is the selling point but there are so many other features on this car. The window automatically rolls down 1/2 inch when you open the door and then closes up tightly when you shut it. No more ear popping. The car is so tight that you can be in a high gear at low speed and it still drives smoothly without chugging along like other cars would do. Hold down the button on the key fob and all the windows and sunroof open automatically. The car will let you know when you have a flat tire. Go test drive one!

Where Form Meets Function
By Bill Prueter on 08/27/06 13:22 PM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I looked at Mini over a two year period. I test drove it three times before my purchase. I could not be happier. I am impressed that it is the smallest car (143 inches) yet holds four people. My son is 6' 2" and says it is the nicest car he has ever driven (for fun he and I often test drive cars on Saturdays). His leg length does mean that someone can not sit behind him. Other wise we have had four people in the car ride comfortably. This car has zip. My Miata (former car) cornered very well, but this car performs even better. Its acceleration is wonderful. However, on a trip to New York I achieved 44.1 mpg one time and 41.5 another. I live in a small town and typically get 30 mpg.

What a Great Car
By Ernfun on 08/26/06 16:28 PM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I love my 2006 Mini Cooper S with the John Cooper Works Kit. I have been to "performance driving" schools at Limerock and New Hampsire International Speedway and was able to keep up with cars costing many times more. You really can't describe how the Mini accelerates and handles until you drive it. The six-speed transmission is unbelievably responsive. I commute 45 minutes each way to work and a boring drive has become an adventure. The sound system is excellent. The back seat is small but I'm able to drive my 12 and 14 year old kids comfortably and they love riding in the car.

Little Hot Chili
By d on 08/15/06 21:13 PM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is the best car to be resurrected. Unlike many movies, this sequel is equally as great as the original.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.