Used 2006 MINI Cooper Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 MINI Cooper Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

How Fun is This?
By GuitarBabe

2006 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! Having always owned a 4-cyl. car, I feel it has plenty of power. It's fun to drive. It gets good gas millage. This car is just right for one or two people.

I love the moonroof, power windows, locks and mirrors. The sound system is great.

The interior knobs could be of higher quality.

2006 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible
By bean

2006 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I love this car! It is zippy as heck :).

The horsepower and design.

Great Car
By james f gill

2006 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

The Mini Cooper S is really fun to drive and roomy for two people.

The road handling and good acceleration.

Fix those blind spots. The rear view mirror is hopeless due to the rollbars and width of the rear widow. Also, the sunroof is really noisy when open.

Luv my Coop!
By Linda

2006 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

So far this car has been the greatest. It handles beautifully, has great pickup and is as cute as a bug. I have a Hot Orange Convertible! I traded in a 2005 Cadillac XLR, so I am trying something very different. I like the interior size. Having a back seat is a big benefit, even if it is a tight squeeze to get in it. It does not get the great gas mileage I expected. I only get about 25 mpg. For it's size, and engine, I expected better.

It is just plain cute inside and out! I am surprised at the way it handles, not like the box, but more like a sports car.

I am not too fond of the location of the speedo. There is a digital one on the steering wheel, but I prefer to have the outside temp showing on that, so I have to glance to the middle of the car to see my speed. The cruise control could be more like Mercedes, going up in 5 mph increments.

SD Bluebird
By SDBluebird

2006 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is a great car! The lowest mileage that I have seen on a tank of gas is 24.9 mpg and the highest has been 36. Its gas mileage depends on if the top is up or down. This car has great safety features, mine has an excellent GPS system that will calculate the fastest or shortest route for you. The GPS talks to you to let you know of upcoming turns as well as showing them on the display. This is the only convertible I know of that you can also drive with the sunroof open. The cold weather package alerts you when the outside temperature reaches 37 and roads could become icy. I had no trouble on a recent cross country trip where I drove in fog, rain, sleet, snow and beautiful sunshine. It also delivers great performance!

I love the GPS and cold weather package. I also enjoy using the sunroof feature on the convertible top. It gets great gas mileage!

The only thing I would like to see different is better visibility when pulling out of a parking space when the top is up.

• SUV