Used 2006 MINI Cooper Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mini Cooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

Most Helpful|
How Fun is This?
By GuitarBabe

2006 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! Having always owned a 4-cyl. car, I feel it has plenty of power. It's fun to drive. It gets good gas millage. This car is just right for one or two people.

Favorite Features

I love the moonroof, power windows, locks and mirrors. The sound system is great.

Suggested Improvements

The interior knobs could be of higher quality.

smiling everyday
By sarahbeara

2006 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

If you want to cheer yourself up everytime you get behind the wheel, then the Mini Cooper is for you! This is the zippiest little car I've ever driven. Every detail is thoughtfully designed and I've loved every minute I've had it. For a few thousand dollars more (we were looking for a used prius or civic) I realized that I could buy a car that I seriously love. I now LOOK FORWARD to driving. It's the kind of a treat that I highly recommend - better than an expensive vacation. Spend a few more dollars on a mini cooper, and you will be investing in a decade of smiles!

Favorite Features

Sporty Blue chrome dashboard and amazingly cool doors, seat-warmer, stereo system, leather- wrapped steering wheel, relatively quiet ride, assability to merge into heavy traffic effortlessly.

Suggested Improvements

The passenger door handle sticks sometimes. The trunk light will come on every now and then - it's a little finicky. Seriously, in the grand scheme of things, I'm driving a mini cooper S convertible - I have nothing to complain about.

My Coop
By sandymonet

2006 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is the greatest little big car ever! I have no problems with pick up and I can out start my husband in his Corvette! It is beautiful in detailing and comfortable in seating. All controls are right at my finger tips so I do not have to grope around in the dark for anything. The on dash cup holder stinks, but that is minor in comparison to all the fun I have driving (zooming) around town. Glad I bought it especially now with gas prices so high. My gas lasts me about a week and then some. I can hook my ipod up and just go. Just love the way it handles the corners nice and tight at high speeds. The one touch button for top down is an added bonus. You should get one! Be glad you did.

Favorite Features

Convertible one touch button ipod hook up speed, quickness, techtronic run flat tires, pressure monitoring style, colors, seating, cockpit, handling, gas mileage, Harmon Kardon stereo

Suggested Improvements

Dash board cup holder

2006 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible
By bean

2006 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I love this car! It is zippy as heck :).

Favorite Features

The horsepower and design.

Some issues, but a joy to drive
By driverone

2006 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I was at the dealership taking advantage of the 36,000 mile maintenance warranty more often than I'd like. First 36,000 miles: ball joint wore down, three sets of front tires (too much fun to drive), thermostat went out, front brake rotors replaced, tailgate sensor replaced, cd player skipped (radio replaced). After all is said and done, the MINI was a great car to drive. Even the convertible is faster than most cars on the road. It's easy to play leap frog in traffic with this little go-kart. Too bad they went to turbo, because hearing the whine of the supercharger was very comforting. I will miss the MINI, but not its potential for high maintenance costs and the small cargo area.

Favorite Features

remote convertible top, sunroof feature, manual shifting for automatic transmission, heads-up tach, great Harmon-Kardon stereo system, sport suspension is phenomenal, reverse alarm sensors, xenon headlights, headlights rise with hood (find cats in trees), tailgate nice for a seat (up to 150 lbs.)

Suggested Improvements

tranny has problems shifting in high- rpm range through middle gears (I manually shifted to keep rpms low), needs armrest, more horsepower, rollbars behind rear seat greatly affect visibility, headlights powerwash never worked properly, conv. top creaks when opening/closing