2006 MINI Cooper Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
Great Little Big Car
By DC on 07/05/06 14:17 PM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best sports car that I've ever owned. I've had a Porsche 911, 924, Mazda RX-7, and a couple of Lexus models. The Mini Cooper is stable, fun to drive, and well put together. It is a little car on the outside but a big car on the inside.

Fun, Fun, Fun
By maria on 06/27/06 09:59 AM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car. I have the Cooper Convertible and it is a lot of fun to drive...on the street or on the highway. It has a lot of spunk and get up and go, plus I LOVE the color - Purple Haze. I never drive unnoticed. My students think it is an awesome car and always want to go for rides. Of course they want to take a ride by themselves. My 25 year-old son at first thought it was a "chick car."but he was surprised to find out that when he drove it one day it attracted alot of young women asking asbout the "Italian Job" car. So I guess it is a "chick car".....

A Star Car
By Fivechip on 06/26/06 18:07 PM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I traded a 2003 Mini Cooper in on the 2006 Mini Cooper S Convertible and wow what a difference in power and smoothness. The 6-speed transmission shifts like butter compared to the 2003's 5-speed transmission. I loved the '03 model but the '06 is so much better.

Fun in the sun!
By Harddo @ Mini on 06/23/06 15:18 PM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I am really enjoying my Mini Cooper Convertible S JCW. It rejuvinates me and puts a smile on my face. The snarl from the exhaust gets the blood going.

LOVE this CAR!
By pill grl on 06/23/06 14:05 PM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This car is incredible - if you are even thinking of purchasing one you must drive it before deciding against it. I get at least one comment per day like "nice ride," "awesom car," etc. A friend of mine said he was thinking about a MINI and bought a VW instead - all I said was you didn't drive one did you? He said "no - how did I know that" I said because you didn't buy one.

Mini is Awesome
By erik shryock on 06/18/06 11:36 AM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I am very delighted that I bought this wonderful machine. Having BMW behind it you can sure tell the quality of this product. I had driven a friends two years ago and fell in love with it. I have been shopping for luxury autos for leasing; but, when Mini made this convertible and I test drove it with top down at BMW i quickly purchased it in stead of a BMW. I feel you get your money worth and its cute to boot. Thank you.

The Most Fun Car Ever Built
By Tonnelier on 06/12/06 18:38 PM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had it for a week, but I'm in love! Without a doubt, it the cutest thing on the road. It drives like a dream, hugs the road tightly, even without the Dynamic Stability Control or the Sport Suspension. The Harmon Kardon stereo is so good that you can hear piano jazz at 65 miles an hour with the top down. Power windows and top are standard, I believe, as are remote door and trunk locks. In fact, you can put the top down with the remote! The warranty covers all service for 3 years. And the "Ultimate" plan covers tire and windshield damage as well. The only drawbacks are backseat leg room and a tiny trunk. But if you're hung up on those things, buy a minivan!

Fun to Motor in a Mini
By Panzey on 05/23/06 15:33 PM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I've not had a bad day with my Mini! After a long day in the office I quickly lower the top and off I go with the breeze flowing through my hair! It has a lot of gusto! When we take it for short weekend trips we lower the backseats and have plenty of room for our bags/gear!

I Love my Mini Cooper Convertible
By Allison Mayer on 04/21/06 19:13 PM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

It's so fun to drive that I look for excuses to go places so that I can get in my Mini and go. It looks great and is much more interesting-looking than other cars on the road. It is very roomy inside. The stereo is terrific. There are so many standard bells and whistles that I still am learning how they all work. This is the "funnest" vehicle I've ever ridden in or driven. It makes me smile and lifts my spirits whenever I drive it. My other car is a '98 Toyota 4Runner, which I absolutely love. But my Mini is the most fun. I love the attitude of the company too. It doesn't take itself too seriously.

An every day car!
By Mike on 03/29/06 14:02 PM (PST)

2006 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is my fifth Mini. I've had a Mini classic, 2004 Cooper, 2005 Cooper Convertible, 2005 Mini Cooper S Convertible, and now a 2006 White Pepper Cooper S Convertible. This is such a fun car to drive, especially going round corners. It's nippy and fun! I have so many options...some of the major ones are: aero kit, (custom chrome grill), 17" web spoke wheels, xenon headlamps, additonal racing lights, chrome exterior, chrome line interior, navigation, automatic transmission with paddles (one of the greates features), auxillary gauges, sport package, premium package, cold weather package, convienience packaage, front fog lights, rear fog light (great for backing off drivers too close or those with brights on), and the wind deflector.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.