2006 MINI Cooper Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
My MINI Soulmate - A Total Joy !
By AliMia/MINI-Neemo on 09/08/06 00:33 AM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I never thought that it was possible to love a car so much!! I Truly feel as as if it were my kindred spirit! I custom built this MINI Cooper-S Convertible on the MINI USA Website at least seven months before I bought it. I test drove four other convertibles, but they just didn't capture the spirit of who I am. Even though my test drive MINI wasn't a convertible, I loved the tight response the steering wheel delivered and was totally surprised by the room inside. Yes, it's actually very spacious and accomodates all kinds of "personal junk" inside and out of sight from curious lookers. If you're a kid at heart - this is the car for you. It's a go-kart with soul. Plus it has super safety features and great power! It is exclusive and unique!

Love, Love, Love my MINI
By flying high girl on 09/06/06 06:37 AM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is truly a fun car to drive. It is so small, but with the S motor it's got killer pickup. I love the sound of the engine. It's a quiet ride, with the seats folded down, you can get some storage. Be prepared to get stopped a lot, people love asking questions about it. I hit a deer late at night and it only did minimal damage. I was stunned. The only downfall is since it's so low and small, I have to wash it a lot. Beware of truckers, rocks hit me a lot on highway. Its pickup is wonderful. I love the one button everything goes down with the top feature. The heated leather seats are great. It has lots of leg room upfront. When going on trips that require lots of luggage, you have to think MINI. My pug Matilda and I love it!

Fun to Drive
By david a walsh on 09/02/06 12:03 PM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

The 2006 Mini Cooper S is the most fun I've had in 50 years! It's like a go kart on steroids, that turns heads. With the top down everyone feels free to talk to you. Most say "looks cute and fun to drive." I agree! This is a well built vehicle. It feels solid and tight. I have been getting 18 to 28 mpg in city driving depending upon how heavy my foot is. If I'm careful, I think that I could average around 25 mpg city. This car has a very stiff suspension hard on bumps, but it is great in turns. I love my mini

Take It for a Long Test Drive
By Orlando on 08/26/06 17:21 PM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I had a Mini S Convertibe for four months and got rid of it. The car is nice to look at it but my sincere opinion is that is more of marketing hype that truly a good purchase. Various sites rate the Mini as having great resale value, but I found the hard way that not to be true. If you are really considering one take it for a really long test drive and please do not buy it with leatherete which is very hot and unconfortable. Also, I would recommend an automatic with paddle shifters, because of the weak engine you shift all the time in order to find the right gear. The Sport package is a great value and the convertible top with two functions is great. Finally for the money ($31,000) there better buys out there!

Cooper S Report Card
By T.C. on 08/17/06 14:21 PM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is one of the most fun cars I've ever driven...BUT it rides like my Grandfather's 1958 pickup, there's no give and you feel every bump in the road which causes bent/broken struts and or the brackets. It has seating for four with the LATCH system but it's really a 2 seater. When a carseat is installed there's no room for it to be occupied unless the person in the front seat is 4 feet tall with their seat all the way forward. Being small doesn't mean saving money at the pump due to using premium gas. The limited number of dealerships creates problems for the consumer both buying/selling and getting repairs/maintanence done. When there's only one dealership in the state it's very detramental for everyone.

Fast and Fun!
By KCKel on 08/08/06 20:10 PM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Speed Limits spoil the enjoyment of driving this car! That is the only negative thing I can say about it so far. I highly recommend it! If you want a small and peppy car, this is it! No need to test drive anything else. I am 5'6'' and my husband is 6' we both fit in it perfectly. We fight over who gets to drive it. It has numerous features such as leather heated seats, Harmon/Kardon stereo system, computer which indicates fuel consumption, miles left before needing fuel, and xenon head lights.

Best Money Spent
By minicoupah on 08/03/06 10:17 AM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is my second Cooper Convertible. I owned a base model for one year then traded up to the "S". The "S" is superior (actually stands for "Special") in all aspects. I ordered it my way with limited slip, DSC, xenon lamps, front & rear fog, premium pak #1 and cold-weather pak. Also I opted for 16" proformance tires. I learned that the 17"'s are too harsh for lousy Massachusetts roads and don't plan on running it in the snow. This vehicle is a driver's vehicle. With the proper driver, there are not many cars that can match it in performance and handling. Oh, there are bigger, better, faster and more cars but NONE (at least in this price class) can compare to the ini Cooper S ragtop.

How Do You Spell Dog? Mini!
By Ace on 07/18/06 19:17 PM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Yeah, it's cute. But a movie doesn't make it fast. The Mini is: 1. dog slow, 2. has a rear blind spot 3. the top doesn't tuck away, 4. it has no cover for the top, 5. no rear seat lighting, 6. no power seats, 7. you sit low so it is hard to see out of, 8. it has no satellite radio, 9. the stereo stinks, 10. I hate the retro guages, give us state-of-the art. 11. and include a built-in iPod jack.

Lotta Love for My Little MINI
By Arobryn on 07/12/06 17:10 PM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

When my Honda Prelude lost a cylinder I was crushed. I loved that car. I decided to buy new, did the research and got an economy car - Mazda3. I almost took it back with buyer's remorse. The Mazda3 is probably the sportiest economy car you'll find, but it is no comparison to my Prelude. By the beginning of this year I was determined to get something new. I never looked at the MINI as I couldn't take the car seriously because of it's looks. After sitting in one I did some research and finally ordered from the factory. After two months it arrived five days ago and I'm in love, again! I got a Pure Silver MCS Convertible with JCWorks Kit and that 207hp moves my little street-legal go-kart like a DREAM!

The Most Fun Ever
By Zooming Mini on 07/11/06 20:17 PM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I have had my Mini for just over a month and have put 1300 miles on it already (this includes a 10 day trip out of town while Mini stayed home). Driving a Mini is the most fun I have ever had driving a car. It is a dream in busy city traffic and comfortable on my long drives to the beach.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.