2006 MINI Cooper Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
Zippy but chilly
By Sutton86 on 05/02/08 18:33 PM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Cute, fun car to drive. You'll get lots of compliments! Good power and cornering. Great gas mileage. Visibility is poor when top is up; average when top is down. Roll bars stick up and ruin the line of the car. The Miata is superior for design and visibility. In fact, I miss my old Miata but needed more space.

Annoyances Trump Fun
By goldsbar on 04/26/07 06:29 AM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I've owned several fun cars in my life and this one just doesn't measure up. The annoyances really got to me after a while. Not a lot of engine for the price. Run flats had horrible grip off the line. Tires chirped at the slightest provocation. Horrible gas mileage - low 20's - for the size of the car and power. Engine was annoying and very economy car like. Didn't give that "I want to go faster" feeling. Huge blindspot with the top up. Yes, it was fun to drive even at slow speeds which is important. Handling is very good but not great by any means. Better cars for the money out there!

Great Fun in a Mini
By harddo in florida on 02/09/07 21:06 PM (PST)

2006 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I really enjoy this car. I am a big guy and fit well in it. The seat is a bit soft. The car is a hoot in traffic! I love driving my Mini Cooper JCW convertible. The top is always down!

How Fun is This?
By GuitarBabe on 12/12/06 05:54 AM (PST)

2006 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! Having always owned a 4-cyl. car, I feel it has plenty of power. It's fun to drive. It gets good gas millage. This car is just right for one or two people.

2006 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible
By bean on 11/29/06 13:22 PM (PST)

2006 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I love this car! It is zippy as heck :).

Great Car
By james f gill on 11/04/06 09:54 AM (PST)

2006 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

The Mini Cooper S is really fun to drive and roomy for two people.

Luv my Coop!
By Linda on 11/04/06 04:03 AM (PST)

2006 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

So far this car has been the greatest. It handles beautifully, has great pickup and is as cute as a bug. I have a Hot Orange Convertible! I traded in a 2005 Cadillac XLR, so I am trying something very different. I like the interior size. Having a back seat is a big benefit, even if it is a tight squeeze to get in it. It does not get the great gas mileage I expected. I only get about 25 mpg. For it's size, and engine, I expected better.

SD Bluebird
By SDBluebird on 10/13/06 18:37 PM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is a great car! The lowest mileage that I have seen on a tank of gas is 24.9 mpg and the highest has been 36. Its gas mileage depends on if the top is up or down. This car has great safety features, mine has an excellent GPS system that will calculate the fastest or shortest route for you. The GPS talks to you to let you know of upcoming turns as well as showing them on the display. This is the only convertible I know of that you can also drive with the sunroof open. The cold weather package alerts you when the outside temperature reaches 37 and roads could become icy. I had no trouble on a recent cross country trip where I drove in fog, rain, sleet, snow and beautiful sunshine. It also delivers great performance!

A Blast from the Past
By hsnsocal on 09/16/06 00:22 AM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

What a blast this car is! I live in Sunny San Diego and could not be happier with my new Mini Cooper S Convertible. I test drove the convertible Volkswagen Beetle and the Mazda MX-5 before making my decision and still think the Mini is a great buy. The suspension is stiff and responsive. It is a small car that makes it fun and easy to find parking spaces. It does have some blind spots, but with time you learn how to adjust to this and the sensors help when backing up. I took mine on an eight hour road trip and the car was very comfortable. I was able to fit a large suite case in the back with the seats down. Go test drive one if you are thinking about buying one, you will have blast.

2006 Mini Convertible S
By Jim on 09/11/06 11:00 AM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I have driven owned a lot of BMWs (5 - a 745, two 740s, and three 325s) and one Mercedes (E350 4Matic) - nothing is as much fun to drive as the Mini. I have upgraded to the JCW airbox and muffler. This is a totally awesome car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.