Used 2006 MINI Cooper Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

Love, Love, Love my MINI
By flying high girl

2006 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is truly a fun car to drive. It is so small, but with the S motor it's got killer pickup. I love the sound of the engine. It's a quiet ride, with the seats folded down, you can get some storage. Be prepared to get stopped a lot, people love asking questions about it. I hit a deer late at night and it only did minimal damage. I was stunned. The only downfall is since it's so low and small, I have to wash it a lot. Beware of truckers, rocks hit me a lot on highway. Its pickup is wonderful. I love the one button everything goes down with the top feature. The heated leather seats are great. It has lots of leg room upfront. When going on trips that require lots of luggage, you have to think MINI. My pug Matilda and I love it!

With the S model, the pick up is incredible. The roomy front is large. I like the tachometer, fold down back seats, very clean lines, and minimal goofy stuff. Everything is compact, yet big.

Ditch the small cup holders. I can't hold but a Coke in them. Also, add more enclosed pockets or storage compartments that are hidden.

Fun to Drive
By david a walsh

2006 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

The 2006 Mini Cooper S is the most fun I've had in 50 years! It's like a go kart on steroids, that turns heads. With the top down everyone feels free to talk to you. Most say "looks cute and fun to drive." I agree! This is a well built vehicle. It feels solid and tight. I have been getting 18 to 28 mpg in city driving depending upon how heavy my foot is. If I'm careful, I think that I could average around 25 mpg city. This car has a very stiff suspension hard on bumps, but it is great in turns. I love my mini

I like how this car has lots of power with the super charger. I also like the power convertable top,

The glove box needs to be changed. Everything falls out when opening. I bought an orgnaizer which helped. Also, the door pocketes are hard to use.

What a Blast!
By Ken w/Evan's help

2006 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

The Mini Cooper S' acceleration and handling are awesome. This car manuevers better than any car I have ever had the chance to drive. BMWs and Audis are unable to keep up. The performance of this vehicle is the selling point but there are so many other features on this car. The window automatically rolls down 1/2 inch when you open the door and then closes up tightly when you shut it. No more ear popping. The car is so tight that you can be in a high gear at low speed and it still drives smoothly without chugging along like other cars would do. Hold down the button on the key fob and all the windows and sunroof open automatically. The car will let you know when you have a flat tire. Go test drive one!

The xenon head lights, interior lighting, handling, and acceleration.

None

Chili Red 2006 Mini
By ChiliRed2006

2006 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback w/John Cooper Works GP Kit (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I am tall, but have plenty of head and leg room in my Mini. The hatchback with back seats that lay flat allows me to get a lot of cargo in the back. It has great visibility, gas mileage, and it's just fun to drive. I love this car!

The great gas mileage, large instrument dials, extra side sunshade, how it is loaded with airbags, iPod adapter, spacious front seats, and ample leg room

It could use 2-3 inches more backseat leg room, 4-doors, a standard intermittent windshield wiper setting, and a standard auto head light feature

Where Form Meets Function
By Bill Prueter

2006 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I looked at Mini over a two year period. I test drove it three times before my purchase. I could not be happier. I am impressed that it is the smallest car (143 inches) yet holds four people. My son is 6' 2" and says it is the nicest car he has ever driven (for fun he and I often test drive cars on Saturdays). His leg length does mean that someone can not sit behind him. Other wise we have had four people in the car ride comfortably. This car has zip. My Miata (former car) cornered very well, but this car performs even better. Its acceleration is wonderful. However, on a trip to New York I achieved 44.1 mpg one time and 41.5 another. I live in a small town and typically get 30 mpg.

I can not overstate how well this car rides. I have a good sense of the road. My wife loves this car. She wants one now. The sound system is excellent. This car is very quiet at high speeds. The interior is very well designed and the exterior is different in a good sense. I love the way it handles.

None, the car is superb.

• SUV