Used 2006 MINI Cooper Consumer Reviews - 137 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

2006 MINI Cooper

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

Love This Car
By melissa

2006 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is every bit as much fun as it looks. It's also very solid. I was recently rear-ended and couldn't believe how sturdy the car is.

It drives like a go-cart, but faster and parks anywhere. It has an iPod connection built in. It gets great gas mileage. It has a navigation system.

The navigation on the stereo isn't the greatest. The interface with the iPod is really basic and a little dissappointing, although the sound is great.

A Blast from the Past
By hsnsocal

2006 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

What a blast this car is! I live in Sunny San Diego and could not be happier with my new Mini Cooper S Convertible. I test drove the convertible Volkswagen Beetle and the Mazda MX-5 before making my decision and still think the Mini is a great buy. The suspension is stiff and responsive. It is a small car that makes it fun and easy to find parking spaces. It does have some blind spots, but with time you learn how to adjust to this and the sensors help when backing up. I took mine on an eight hour road trip and the car was very comfortable. I was able to fit a large suite case in the back with the seats down. Go test drive one if you are thinking about buying one, you will have blast.

The automatic top, automatic transmission, supercharger and heated seats, and how it is great on a cool night with the top down. There is minimal noise was with the windows up and the top down, you can even still talk on a cell phone.

Give it a little more leg room in the back.

2006 Mini Convertible S
By Jim

2006 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I have driven owned a lot of BMWs (5 - a 745, two 740s, and three 325s) and one Mercedes (E350 4Matic) - nothing is as much fun to drive as the Mini. I have upgraded to the JCW airbox and muffler. This is a totally awesome car.

The convertible top with sunroof - acutally everything. My firends are shocked at what comes with the Mini S convertible.

One to two more inches of leg room would be nice, I am 6' 6" and fit comforatbly, but a little more room would be nice. Also, air conditioned seats like the BMW 745i has would be nice for hot summer days with the top down.

My MINI Soulmate - A Total Joy !
By AliMia/MINI-Neemo

2006 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I never thought that it was possible to love a car so much!! I Truly feel as as if it were my kindred spirit! I custom built this MINI Cooper-S Convertible on the MINI USA Website at least seven months before I bought it. I test drove four other convertibles, but they just didn't capture the spirit of who I am. Even though my test drive MINI wasn't a convertible, I loved the tight response the steering wheel delivered and was totally surprised by the room inside. Yes, it's actually very spacious and accomodates all kinds of "personal junk" inside and out of sight from curious lookers. If you're a kid at heart - this is the car for you. It's a go-kart with soul. Plus it has super safety features and great power! It is exclusive and unique!

The Car is Perfect! And with three years of service included what else can you ask for? My favorite features?! I like getting surprise gift boxes in the mail from MINI-USA. I've also been included in a very unique family! By simply ordering my new MINI, their site offers tips on caring for your new car and a message board on events offered Nationwide and by local clubs. I love putting the top down and feeling free!

Getting the key to lower the top without pressing it so much as I approach the car - like the salespeople did in the showroom. Better training from them on how the unique features work.

Moving My Mini
By angel

2006 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Our new Mini has made drives so much fun. I love passing people and having them stare at us, it's cool. I love the waves you get from other Mini owners. It handels like a dream, we haven't had a manual transmission car in years and it just makes the ride and car more fun than ever.

I'm a big man 5'10" 300 lbs. and I fit in it like a dream. The car is so easy to drive. It's just wonderful.

I have no complaints. What a wonderful car to own.