2006 MINI Cooper S - Consumer Reviews

S 1.6L 4-cyl. Supercharger 6-speed Manual w/John Cooper Works GP Kit - (6 reviews )
Love my SCOOTER!
By scooterluv1 on 04/25/13 11:08 AM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper S S 2dr Hatchback w/John Cooper Works GP Kit (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I have owned many cars in my day, but this scooter (Mini Cooper S) is the most fun to drive. This car is quick, roomy (I am 6'2", 200#), a sure head-turner and financially economical. Warning: If you are looking for a smooth ride and back seat roominess, pick another car... I bought it 2 years ago w/21000 miles on it and now it has 50000 miles. I have had few issues w/it; (thankfully, I did purchase a good aftermarket warranty) most major issue was w/carbon dirt build-up/clogging up the fuel injectors, but a fuel system flesh ($100.00) and 93/100 octane gas cleared that right up. I am very well pleased w/this blend of Mini/BWN.

My favorite car I've ever owned
By fervidmuse on 12/13/11 20:19 PM (PST)

My 2006 MINI Cooper S was the second MINI Cooper S that I owned, my first being a 2003 There were so many improvements made to the 2005 and 2006 body style over the 2002-2004 models. The 2002-2004 models are just as fun but not as easy to live with. The MINI is a car that you buy if you love driving; it simply puts a smile on your face every time you get in it, even the non-S models. I particularly like the cheeky British styling altho not everyone does. It was tied for highest resale value (w/Honda Civic) for compacts! If reliability, interior space or a quiet ride (MINIs have lots of interior squeaks/rattles) are at the top of your shopping this, this probably isn't the car for you.

Good things come in small packages
By 2MANYCARS on 11/13/07 18:54 PM (PST)

A pocket hot rod, Goliath killer. I have all the high perf. options and love the overall package performance. A couple of laps at Sebring surprised my brother who races a Porsche there. Stable, fast, excellent brakes, peppy engine. If you want thrifty car, buy a VW diesel. This is about fun and "low self esteem ", they will look at you for sure. Bought HK Sound and Chrono Package. Love them. Chili Red with Silver top different look altogether from Red/White. Would buy again.

GP - From 0019 in the US
By AprilWhine on 02/26/07 05:17 AM (PST)

This is my fourth MINI, not bad on a car only that has only been available in the US since 2002! I've loved them all, but the GP is really something special. From the sound of the supercharger winding up to the road hugging dynamics, it's the most fun to drive car I've ever owned.

Chili Red 2006 Mini
By ChiliRed2006 on 09/01/06 15:32 PM (PDT)

I am tall, but have plenty of head and leg room in my Mini. The hatchback with back seats that lay flat allows me to get a lot of cargo in the back. It has great visibility, gas mileage, and it's just fun to drive. I love this car!

MINI s with JCW Tuner Kit
By llblasi on 06/12/06 15:37 PM (PDT)

The Mini Cooper S with JCW tuner kit is a tight, fast pocket rocket that loves to be thrown into tight corners. The fun factor is definitly a 10.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.