2006 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
too much fun
By gobama1982 on 08/09/13 20:21 PM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

if you don't like strangers looking,asking questions,or huddled around your car when you go to get in it at the bank,store, restaurant ect . this may not be the car for you because trust me it will happen !!! if you love to drive ,have fun driving,love life,are a happy person then you need to own one !!!!

Loved it since I bought it.
By Dave Finski on 10/27/08 14:03 PM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've loved my 2006 Mini convertible since I bought it brand new. My wife asked me what I'd get on my next one that I didn't get on the one I bought. My answer, "nothing". There isn't anything I feel I should have opted for. Nothing I opted for that I should have done without. Opted for the basic engine. Saved money and don't need the extra horsepower, extra complexity of the turbo now mileage loss from being assertive with the gas pedal. Got the chrome exterior do-dads to cheer it up, leather bolstered seats, AC, manual transmission, more chrome do-dads inside and heated seats. Must get the heated seats. Awesome when the air gets a bit chilly. Now my wife wants her own!

Fun looking but poor quality
By katefromca on 05/19/08 18:46 PM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Owned the Mini for 2.5 years; in that time, had an oil leak, brake problems, steering wheel problems, and a dead battery. Good thing it comes with warranty and full maintenance! It is a fun car to drive and people still gawk when seeing a Mini convertible. But, it is an extremely unreliable car and after awhile that does eat into the fun, even with free repairs and maintenance. Finally, traded it in for a not-so-fun but reliable and safe Subaru. If you are considering this car, make sure your Mini dealership is close to where you live, you'll be visiting it often!

Zippy but chilly
By Sutton86 on 05/02/08 18:33 PM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Cute, fun car to drive. You'll get lots of compliments! Good power and cornering. Great gas mileage. Visibility is poor when top is up; average when top is down. Roll bars stick up and ruin the line of the car. The Miata is superior for design and visibility. In fact, I miss my old Miata but needed more space.

How Fun is This?
By GuitarBabe on 12/12/06 05:54 AM (PST)

2006 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! Having always owned a 4-cyl. car, I feel it has plenty of power. It's fun to drive. It gets good gas millage. This car is just right for one or two people.

Luv my Coop!
By Linda on 11/04/06 04:03 AM (PST)

2006 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

So far this car has been the greatest. It handles beautifully, has great pickup and is as cute as a bug. I have a Hot Orange Convertible! I traded in a 2005 Cadillac XLR, so I am trying something very different. I like the interior size. Having a back seat is a big benefit, even if it is a tight squeeze to get in it. It does not get the great gas mileage I expected. I only get about 25 mpg. For it's size, and engine, I expected better.

Great Little Big Car
By DC on 07/05/06 14:17 PM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best sports car that I've ever owned. I've had a Porsche 911, 924, Mazda RX-7, and a couple of Lexus models. The Mini Cooper is stable, fun to drive, and well put together. It is a little car on the outside but a big car on the inside.

Fun, Fun, Fun
By maria on 06/27/06 09:59 AM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car. I have the Cooper Convertible and it is a lot of fun to drive...on the street or on the highway. It has a lot of spunk and get up and go, plus I LOVE the color - Purple Haze. I never drive unnoticed. My students think it is an awesome car and always want to go for rides. Of course they want to take a ride by themselves. My 25 year-old son at first thought it was a "chick car."but he was surprised to find out that when he drove it one day it attracted alot of young women asking asbout the "Italian Job" car. So I guess it is a "chick car".....

Mini is Awesome
By erik shryock on 06/18/06 11:36 AM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I am very delighted that I bought this wonderful machine. Having BMW behind it you can sure tell the quality of this product. I had driven a friends two years ago and fell in love with it. I have been shopping for luxury autos for leasing; but, when Mini made this convertible and I test drove it with top down at BMW i quickly purchased it in stead of a BMW. I feel you get your money worth and its cute to boot. Thank you.

The Most Fun Car Ever Built
By Tonnelier on 06/12/06 18:38 PM (PDT)

2006 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had it for a week, but I'm in love! Without a doubt, it the cutest thing on the road. It drives like a dream, hugs the road tightly, even without the Dynamic Stability Control or the Sport Suspension. The Harmon Kardon stereo is so good that you can hear piano jazz at 65 miles an hour with the top down. Power windows and top are standard, I believe, as are remote door and trunk locks. In fact, you can put the top down with the remote! The warranty covers all service for 3 years. And the "Ultimate" plan covers tire and windshield damage as well. The only drawbacks are backseat leg room and a tiny trunk. But if you're hung up on those things, buy a minivan!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.