2005 MINI Cooper 1.6L 4-cyl. Supercharger 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - i luv my mini*

2005 MINI Cooper - Consumer Review

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4-cyl. Supercharger 6-speed Manual)

i luv my mini*
By mini-bmw on

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

i bought my mini s when he was 5 years old w/65k on him. no problems w/ole mini, 10k miles & 8 months later. we seem thirstier than usual in regards to drinking oil & water-no leaks found. the mini people are more expensive than others, but it's German. the BMW feel is felt throughout- quality, handling, throttle, & performance overall. its true w/the German autos; the harder you drive em, the better they perform. the kick down is nice-no problems passing others. holds the road well, rain or shine. i've had none of the issues others have mentioned. i dont think the mini was meant for stop & go traffic, it likes to run the roads. unlike others, i keep up on my maintenance. more than oil changes.

Favorite Features

ELECTRIC BLUE paint color. better mileage than epa estimates & I'm sure i drive more aggressive than most. excellent 3 mode transmission. great traction control, almost too good. wonderful cornering abilities. the sound of the supercharger when really being spun. impressive braking from 80. road hold.

Suggested Improvements

when in manual shift mode, dont let the computer up shift when nearing red line. work on the cup holder situation. delete the "leatherette" option & the dash top vent. improve cabin sound isolation. add a volt & boost gauge to the chrono pkg.