Used 2005 MINI Cooper Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

Interior bug don't bug me too much
By Jim

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I can't say enough about the tight handling in this car. It sticks like glue to the road no matter how hard I push it It's a feeling of confidence that the car will do what I ask of it. Yes it is plagued with multiple interior bugs but you can't have it all all the time.

Handling and ride. Dashboard lighting is nice, as are the gauges/dash arrangement

Get the sunroof

Best car ever owned
By Fuzzyvaldez

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Wow! This is a great car with everything you could want. I've never had any problems with this car and would recommend it to everyone I know. This car has been taken on 1k mile drives and is my daily driver and has never failed me. My only issue is that people didn't order the amenities they really wanted. Please don't complain the car would be better if it had items you didn't order. I've seen this car marked down on the fact it didn't have a sunroof (maybe one should have ordered one) and MPG come on people really, its a sportscar with a supercharger not a hybrid 50hp family wagon. So love this car for what it is and not hate it for what you wish you would have ordered.

The get up and go is super! Great in the comfort area and of course its cool to have everyone looking at your car.

There is nothing I would improve on this car. Other than after market upgrades. But as a starter kit this car is great.

Fun Fun Fun
By Sean Maestro

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I miss my MINI Cooper. I had a 2005 custom-built to my liking and had it for 2 yrs. I had the opportunity to drive it on English roads and it was perfect for the winding narrow streets and small parking spots. I averaged 29mpg, which I thought was great, giving me about 400 miles per tank. I am 6'3 and was able to fit perfectly, but no one could sit behind me. I had a baby and got rid of it for an SUV - big mistake.

Good gas mileage, hugs the road, makes driving enjoyable. I barely noticed my commute. I had the front headlamps which were great for birdwatching in the trees at night

The rubber that holds the blinker on the right side of the car came loose so my blinker was dangling. Replaced with a 60 cent piece but still weird. Also, on very cold days (10 degreesF), the heater got stuck on current air speed until the car was warm. Improve turn radius.

Great Fun!
By c. t. ricks

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is the most fun to drive vehicle I have ever owned. The automatic transmission is great around town, but the option to shift yourself adds great fun and enhanced performance during play time. The full convertible with the option to use it as a sunroof adds fantastic variety, especially in rapidly changing weather conditions.

The ease of use of the convertible top controls is great.

Great Car
By danderson

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This car is with out a doubt the most fun for the money I could ever imagine.

The power is excellent and the convertible top is outstanding.

The dashboard.