2005 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
Mini Car - Max Fun
By COOPER on 03/18/06 10:04 AM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a delight! The only problem that I have had with it was rubbed wiring and it was fixed quickly at the dealer. We enjoy this car so much. It's velcroed to the road! It performs perfectly on the interstate at 75 mph or crawling in the city. I can't wait to see what MINI comes up with next!

Makes me feel young.
By Ted on 03/18/06 09:20 AM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

My 2005 MINI Cooper S Convertible is my weekend car. It is extremely fun to drive. I park my SUV in the driveway after work and just take off with my MINI. It is a throw back to my younger days.

Fun to drive? You better believe it!
By Brian on 03/04/06 12:39 PM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is the first car I've owned in a while (10 years or so of truck ownership preceeded it) and I've always wanted a convertible. WOW. There are not enough adjectives to describe what it's like to drive this car. From handling corners like they're not even there, to lots of punch in acceleration, you can't help but have a huge grin on your face when you're putting this car through it's paces. Still, nearly a year after I bought it, I still get people daily asking me about it, if it's fun to drive, where I got it...it's the most fun I've ever had driving a car. To the editors ratings..7.8? How can you possibly put as much weight into 'cupholders' as you do 'fun to drive'?

Cool Ride
By romeo427 on 02/19/06 09:42 AM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I just picked-up my '05 Mini Cooper "S." Its handling is, well, unbelievable! I am geting 27 mpg in combined driving. I have not gotten anywhere near the rated 32 mpg (automatic). This car is bigger than it looks. It is fun to drive. I was not impressed with the "go" factor in the recent east coast snow.

Fun, Responsive, Yeah Baby!
By Kim on 02/17/06 16:34 PM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My 2005 MINI Cooper Convertible is a terrific little car. It handles beautifully, has fantastic braking, and good acceleration (especially with available clutchless manual). Plus it's a real headturner. The convertible top operation is a breeze. Rear seating and trunk space are nominal, but who cares? I have had no problems at all with it in first 9 months of ownership.

Super Pleased
By Chris on 02/15/06 14:37 PM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I just picked up a slightly pre-owned 2005 Mini Cooper S. I'm here to tell you that I absolutely love it. I had a chance to sit in one of these cars at an auto show earlier this year. I never guessed to give it a try because I'm a big guy. I tell you what, I had loads of room left over. Ladies and gentlemen, this is a sports car. So don't complain about space or convenience. You don't buy this car for those things, you buy a Honsa Civic. You buy the Mini for fun and that's what it is, FUN, with a capital "F" baby. Its very quick on its feet and handles like there is no possibility of slidinig. Sure its stiff but its supposed to be, again its a Sports Car...and I am LOVING it, Giddy Up!

Only in the Summer
By KOW on 01/30/06 20:17 PM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

The MINI Cooper S is a great little car. It's lots of fun to drive and corners as if on rails...but only on dry roads. If the road is wet or worse (snowy) this thing is scary dangerous. The run flat tires are hard and stiff and provide scant traction. We live in the foothills outside of Denver and value our lives more than the car. Also, resale value is NOT as good as we had expected.

2005 MINI Cooper S
By Sam Mannos on 01/28/06 09:16 AM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

The S Cooper is not only fun to drive, it is practicle. Everyone that sees it or has an opportunity to drive one, wants one. We are looking forward to the new Mini Cooper S models coming out. We will probably add a second one to our family next year. When they build a 4 door Cooper S, we will immediately order one.

Convertible Top Problem
By jean on 01/28/06 09:02 AM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Only one problem has turned up with my MINI. The convertible top got a wire rubbed and shorted out the wiring harness. They replaced the whole harness at no charge. Other than that, we love that little sweetheart!

I Love My Mini
By sojurn79 on 01/10/06 11:48 AM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My 2005 MINI Cooper is truly a fantastic car with so many options available that you get a completely customizable ride straight from the factory. I recommend this car to anyone who has to commute far, for in-town driving, or for someone who just wants a nice economical show-piece in your driveway. I couldn't be happier with my purchase.