2005 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
Another Miniac
By RodgerMcConnell on 06/12/06 13:48 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I love my Mini. I have the Chile Red convertible with white stripes and the car seems to glow. Mine is powered by the JCW engine kit which adds considerable lower end power to the handling equation, and while I've grown a little jaded with the 207 HP power plant, the Mini is an absolute joy to drive. It's quick to accelerate and the precise steering engenders total confidence in the Mini's predictability. All this and the Mini is soooo stylish. I live in Montana and I'm accorded near rock-star adulation while on the road or even when it's parked. While the car is a great social icebreaker, all the attention is almost embarrassing. People of all ages simply love this car!

Love the Mini
By keif calkins on 06/05/06 12:15 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

We keep the Mini at our beach house. What a neat car for tooling along a1a. Not a day goes by that someone stops me and admires my Mini. I have never seen a convertible top as well made as my Mini's. The ride is exceptional for a small car. I just love my Mini. The only negative is my service dealer is 75 miles from where my Mini lives.

High Quality Small Car
By jazz251 on 05/28/06 12:33 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

After years of looking at this car I finally got my wife to test drive it. Now I can not get her out of it! We bought a 2005 model that was sitting on the lot. It had only 10,000 miles and had most options. It is a base engine but the HP seems more than adequate for the traffic bound DC / N. VA area. Plus the gas mileage is great. For a small car it is very quiet. It is well built and fun to drive. I plan to keep this a long time and plan to pass it on to my son in about 5-6 years.

The MINI Experience
By MINIpower on 05/20/06 23:21 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Absolutly everything about owning a Mini is exciting. My 9 rating under comfort is for the lack of an armrest, but one soon becomes accustomed to that, or buys one! The car just begs to be driven around tight corners, which are frequently found in my Rocky Mountian town. It handled great even when it snowed for weeks straight this winter. The car has much more interior room that would be thought at first glance. Basically, I do not think that there is any other car on the market in this price range of such good quality!

In case you were wondering...
By Penny on 05/17/06 08:09 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a fun little car with more room than previously anticipated. For comuters who are willing to forego a smooth ride for great gas mileage or someone who likes to be looked at, this is the car for you. Personally, I am enjoying this car. I wasn't even interested in buying it because I had an SUV and thought it was to small, I was wrong! This car is fun and sexy at the same time, who would have thought! One thing that is confusing, the car has beaucoup gadgets, but is missing standard perks ie; auto tint rearview mirror or digital compass this was standard on a base Saturn. Those items are kind of a no brainer.

Best in Class
By minicoupah on 05/05/06 08:19 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Cooper with the cold weather, premium pack, and 5-speed transmission. It has the most amazing ride. I'm a big guy and there is no issue with the cockpit. It is not he quickest vehicle around, but it is fast. This car is VERY stable. Its ride is a bit choppy on bumpy roards though. It goes where you point it, without any steering wheel torque at all. It redlines at over 6,000 rpm and the engine runs and runs. I have logged 20,000 miles on it so far this year. A glutton for performance, I've ordered an '06 "S", with DSC, limited-slip, chrono, cold weather, and premium pack #1. As a side note, I rented one with an automatic and took it to Death Valley and the Mojave. I drove it VERY hard and actually beat-on it over 50 miles down the West Side Rd. I chuckle now, knowing just how well these cars are made.

Let's Motor
By Marvel S on 04/16/06 17:39 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

We now have 2 Mini's and love both of them. The Convertible is definitely a head turner. It is lots of fun to drive and totally different from anything on the road today. My 2002 has 30,000 miles and has been very reliable. Between the two cars the only major problem has been with the convertible roof. It is easy to use, but gets white marks on it when raising and lowering. The car has been recalled for this problem. It still does it after the fix. It looks like it can cause early wear. Besides that one problem, the car has been flawless and just a blast to drive. Lets Motor!

Sam's Mini Cooper
By Sam Mannos on 04/06/06 21:35 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This vehicle is the best small auto I have ever owned. As soon as a 4 door model is available, we will be shopping for a second Mini Cooper for our family. This automobile is comfortable, fun to drive, very responsive and has power to spare.

It's LOVE
By sabinka on 03/27/06 19:49 PM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My Mini Cooper is my sixth convertible...and it is the BEST one yet. It handles like a dream even she likes to fly. This is by far the best car I've ever owned. PS: my boyfriend owns/ d rives vintage muscle cars and he loves to drive the MINI too.

Wow. I'd buy it again.
By jt on 03/25/06 08:01 AM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

German engineering + classy design. My Cooper S is 600 lbs. heavier than my previous 4 door cars (Jetta, Saturn, Accord) but handles like a fighter jet. The power brings out my lead foot, which hurts gas mileage, but I squeeze 350 miles out of each tank of 93 octane (mostly highway driving on my Manhattan to Warrenvile NJ commute). I considered Hybrids, but their fuel economy evaporates on highway driving. Mini's handling and standard features make me feel safer (ABS, traction control, 6x airbags, and a really solid, heavy body.) Street parking in NYC is a dream. I paid $30,000 with all options and have no buyer's regret. Consider getting insurance on your tires / rims: run-flats are $250 each. In NYC you will get a flat. I already had one and the insurance has paid for itself.