Used 2005 MINI Cooper Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mini Cooper - Consumer Reviews

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

Fun to drive? You better believe it!
By Brian

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is the first car I've owned in a while (10 years or so of truck ownership preceeded it) and I've always wanted a convertible. WOW. There are not enough adjectives to describe what it's like to drive this car. From handling corners like they're not even there, to lots of punch in acceleration, you can't help but have a huge grin on your face when you're putting this car through it's paces. Still, nearly a year after I bought it, I still get people daily asking me about it, if it's fun to drive, where I got it...it's the most fun I've ever had driving a car. To the editors ratings..7.8? How can you possibly put as much weight into 'cupholders' as you do 'fun to drive'?

Favorite Features

The sunroof top...those days when it's not warm enough for the full drop top, just roll the 'sunroof' back and still let lots of fresh air in!

Suggested Improvements

The only complaint I have is the back window becoming very unclear in the rain.

Fun, Responsive, Yeah Baby!
By Kim

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My 2005 MINI Cooper Convertible is a terrific little car. It handles beautifully, has fantastic braking, and good acceleration (especially with available clutchless manual). Plus it's a real headturner. The convertible top operation is a breeze. Rear seating and trunk space are nominal, but who cares? I have had no problems at all with it in first 9 months of ownership.

Favorite Features

I like the quick and easy convertible top. It even has a neat sunroof option for days whether the weather is unpredictable. I also like the great brakes. This car looks marvelous.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the supersized cupholder for the US market. I don't need it and don't want it. Move the other cupholders away from the toggle switches. Improve the rear visibility in the convertible model.

Convertible Top Problem
By jean

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Only one problem has turned up with my MINI. The convertible top got a wire rubbed and shorted out the wiring harness. They replaced the whole harness at no charge. Other than that, we love that little sweetheart!

Favorite Features

Motoring with the top down and the sun on my back!

Suggested Improvements

Power seats would be nice.

Best Litle Car I have Ever Seen
By nick

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my MINI Cooper for 9 months and it the best car I have ever driven. I always get looks, get stoped, and get compliments on it. People are always asking "Where did you get it and how much it cost?" When I tell them, I can see that I have made a new Mini owner.

Favorite Features

Where should i start? From the sunroof to the convertible top to the the big dials to the computer, wow i just get excited.

Suggested Improvements

None for now.

Awesome MINI
By GEORGE

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This car is a crowd stopper! Anywhere you go, people are in awe over it. It is great now that I pass by the pumps when everyone is in line for $3 gas.

Favorite Features

The supercharger, colored dash, fully automatic roof (no handles to pull), sunroof position on top, and easy acces into trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the automatic transmission in the S models. If you can't "drive" this car to its full potential, you should sit back in the passenger seat (and hang on)! The only thing I would like to see is the wagon I keep hearing so much about, then I might have two MINI's sitting in the driveway (replacing my Jetta).