2005 MINI Cooper Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
MI MINI
By smoul on 06/07/05 20:16 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

My wife and I bought the car on impulse this past weekend, as I'm sure many others have. We already have an SUV, so we decided to go with something unique that is fun to drive and offers good performance and style. Only had it several days, but i did drive to the store at 10pm "to buy batteries".

Cooper S has it, dollar for dollar
By Mark on 06/04/05 06:27 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

You want a good sports car for your money, buy the Mini Copper S but buy the S model becuase it's worth to pay the extra money for the Copper S.I drove one in the plant in Munich & wow what a sports car for the money & seats 4 people very well. Have the money try one out & buy it if you want a nice sports car for your money.

Funfunfun
By John & Traci on 06/03/05 15:29 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is just plain FUN. We've both had Mustangs in the past, and we actually prefer this. We could have waited for the 05 Mustang Convertible, but once we drove this...it was a done deal. Quick, easy to handle and park ANYWHERE...especially crowded soccer fields...and boy do the heads turn! Great mileage. At first it felt like we were driving a 'target' after driving our SUV...but as quick and as safe ast it is...it's not a problem anymore. We love our MINI.

A Boomer's Car
By dogswood on 05/31/05 13:11 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is the car for baby boomers over 6 feet tall. At 6'5", I can stretch out and enjoy the top down 12 months of the year (seat warmers). Mandatory to spend extra $300-$400 for wind deflector to keep wind off your back. Comfortable for long trips but no room behind tall drivers. Really a 3 seat car. Also, minimal trunk although back seats fold down. Glad I got S version, motor is enough to leave all but the very serious roadster behind. No serious complaint. However, orange odometer and trip computer very difficult to read in daylight. A great handling and fun to drive "hot rod"!!!

Oh yeah, Baby!
By WindInMyHair on 05/31/05 12:27 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Driving shouldn't be this much fun. Corners are the best... on my test drive I was actually INSTRUCTED to floor it on tight turns and bumps and it performed great. Awesome gas mileage, one touch convertible top operation. Smooth ride even at high speeds. My only complaint is the cup holders....

Love the MINI Cooper Convertible
By C Dodge on 05/31/05 10:57 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The interior of the MINI Cooper convertible is much larger than it appears if you are outside the car. Leg room in the rear seats is limited (but that's not a problem for me). The car is very responsive and a lot of fun to drive. I have the basic model but I find that the horsepower is more than adequate for my driving. And I love the overall look of the car.

My Mini Time
By Heinz O. Georg on 05/28/05 20:29 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Before "Mini", I always drove BMWs.After the lease for my BMW 535 expired, my wife & I went to the BMW dealer. She expected that I would buy a new BMW.Just a short distance away from BMW was the Mini sales facility. I (German) always loved Minis (since I was a student). My wife (American) had no idea what a Mini is. I had changed my job & didn't need a big car anymore.I was free to choose the car, I really wanted. After my wife "inspected" the car, she still could not believe that I could become happy with a Mini. I looked to the Mini and she looked into my eyes and she knew that I was happy with it.

MINI Mania
By vonhanep on 05/28/05 19:47 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Without a doubt the most fun car I have ever driven. It still brings a smile to my face whenever I open the garage on my way to work in the morning. The one-button convertible top operation, which opens and closed the windows as well as the top is an engineering feat.

Fun things in small packages.
By Leslie on 05/28/05 19:36 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been great fun and I get plenty of looks! It is easy to drive and easy on the gas. It's relatively quiet, for a convertible, and grips the road when it corners. The ride is a bit rough but it's worth it. The electric sun roof/top are fast and easy to operate.

I call it Lucille, it's a ball to drive
By Joe Obermeier on 05/28/05 18:51 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Had an original Mini in 1968. Ordered a new 2002 as soon as deposites were taken. Had the second all yellow one in South Florida. The dealer had the first. Put 23,500 mile on in and traded it in on a 2005 MINI Cooper S convertable. The perfect car for South Florida. Go topless most of the time. Fast enough to avoid most rain drops and getting too wet inside.