Used 2005 MINI Cooper Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

The most fun car to drive
By Peeweee

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Finally kids are grown - no hockey bags to haul or kids to move to college. This little car is so road hugging and is so responsive - it is just the most fun I've had in 35 years of driving. Not a day goes by that someone doesn't stop me and ask "what is that car?" or "do you like it?" This little car gets me high fives when driving down the highway and many smiles at his license plate (PeeWeee). A great brotherhood (or sisterhood) as I get waves from other mini drivers. Often I come out of the mall or grocery store and find another mini parked right next to me. Love to surprise large men who think they will be cramped inside the car. Wonderful little car I will have for years!

The six speed shift so easily and after having large cars and SUV's - I was afraid it would be a little drudge - not so...matter of fact - have to watch the speedometer as when you go to pass...you can be going faster than you think in just a fraction of a second!

The suspension is a little rough riding but the seat fit and are well cushioned. A little worrisome about the ground clearance when pulling into or out of driveways or roads.

Smile!
By Sophie

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I am so lucky to be driving a Mini Cooper S for my first car. I bought it last June and it's never going to have another owner. Everytime I drive her, I can't help but smile. The supercharger is fun, and the handling is amazing. I learned to drive on a Buick Park Avenue, so the Mini was a dream. With the back seats down, I can fit my 152cm snowboard. Good cargo space. I autocross with my mini, and it's beyond words. Acceleration is good. The auto-manual is a great option! Also, the winter package, Harmon/Kardon sound system, and sunroof are definitely worth the extra money! The runflat tires that came with her are terrible, though. I recommend replacing them as soon as possible.

Harmon/Kardon sound system, folding back seats, heated front seats, sunroof, handling, compact size, the Mini community, all of the endless options, really.

No runflat tires! I've heard of some body problems that can happen, although it hasn't happened to me. If you drive it hard, I suggest you buy a strut and/or sway bar.

My dream car....finally comes true
By ultrarider

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

While I have not owned my used Cooper convertible very long, I've been looking for 3 years. It was babied in the first 44K miles. It's a dream to drive. 5 speed shifts like new, handles better than anything I've owned (38 cars and counting).

Stereo is wonderful. It has the sport package so the ride is a bit stiffer than standard MINI but not unbearable, plus it handles like a dream.

Nothing I can think of yet.

First of MINI
By Gretta0326

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is one of the most fun cars I have ever driven. I went with the automatic but really wish I had gone with the manual S version. It handles fabulously and is a must-have if you have to park in the city.

Design, standard features, compact, easy to park and drive, and of course, the cuteness factor.

Back seat is pretty much useless, noise from the roof and interior, little more oomf on pick up in the base model.

2005 Mini Cooper S
By catseye

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I sold my beloved BMW M3 to get this car, so I had high expectations for this car as a daily driver and weekend track car. I have not been disappointed. The car is solid in every way, quick, and sticks like glue. I continue to be impressed as time goes on, and understand why so many people own more than one and sell theirs to buy another one. wow! What a car.

Very nimble, fairly quick, great gas mileage, solid and reliable. It is also a total hoot to drive.

Bigger rear sway bar, cold air induction, smaller supercharger pulley, coilover suspension, all which are available at reasonable prices.