2005 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
I'm lovin' it !
By Hans-Juergen on 08/25/06 12:04 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Mini for 15 months, and have put 17,000 fun-packed miles on it. I have the base model with manual transmission, sport seats, and a sunroof. Although I have read reviews that say otherwise, I think the base model packs plenty of power (as long as the A/C is off). I have not tired of this car - each time I get in it, I am reminded of how much fun driving should be. It is responsive on turns, and stable as can be at high speeds on the freeway.

Mini Needs Better Gas Mileage
By Gina on 08/09/06 07:44 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for about six months. It's fun to drive, has a classy interior, and is loaded with everything and has chrome everywhere. It is easy access to whatever you need. This car has a great panoramic roof!! With a 1.6L 4-cylinder engine it needs to get much better gas mileage though. I have the auto. w/o supercharger and only get about 26 mpg. I would suggest the S model for those who drive on the highway. Getting on and off highway ramps gets a bit tricky. As for the interior room, I've taken 3 coworkers of average size to lunch and they seemed comfortable on the short ride. I enjoy this car because I'm a 5'3 inch female and it fits me. Getting in and out is easy, and I have a back seat for stuff. I just need to adjust to the lack of power.

Miss Mini Loves Attention
By Miss Mini on 07/17/06 17:15 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

My husband let me pick the car I wanted - and I've always loved the Mini since we were in Europe. So I was overjoyed when the convertible became available. My husband thought my MINI was a girly car - that is until he drove it. Now he loves to drive it - the pick-up and the way it holds the road - especially in curves. He is tall - over 6 ft. and he has plenty of room. Only draw back is the nearest dealership is 100 miles away. So am glad it is working well.

You should get this car....
By jhocasio on 07/07/06 06:50 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This car has been fantastic. Especially when driving in German roads, the car can go up to 141 mph! The steering is simply superb. While driving in American roads, the vehicle responds phenomenally to the lack of driving that other's do in the highways. Its gas mileage - in the highway you can get it up to 30+ miles to the gallon, however, in the city it struggles to keep past 24 mpg - not bad comparing against the big machines. Other great things about the vehicle - parking, dual sunroof is a must, storage is actually more than expected. The challenge - the other challenge is the sport suspension on American roads, our roads just do not support a race car suspension.

I Wouldn't Trade my Mini for Anything!
By Mini_T on 07/05/06 09:14 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is a great little car. It's very sporty and handles well. I bought mine in Germany and drove it to Switzerland and Italy. Talk about fun on the road. This car is built to handle the most death defying curves any road has to offer. I love to drive it and people love to ask, "How much fun is it to drive?" My standard reply, "It's my toy, and fun is an understatement!"

Minitastic
By Emma on 07/04/06 15:57 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Mini. It is the car that makes you smile every time you get behind the seat. Any small flaws (there are a few rattles) are by far outweighed by the sheer pleasure of driving this tiny but mighty Mini!

I love my Go-Cart!
By Chris M on 06/23/06 08:29 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

In spite of having the automatic transmission completely replaced and losing some of my faith in my car because of it, I still love driving it. The fuel economy vs. performance can't be matched. This car has a good quality feel but the ride can be a little rough at times. A long trip will leave you feeling fatigued. It is responsive and quick. However, I have had issues with people in huge SUVs not seeing me and almost moving over on me. :)

Awesome
By Cressy on 06/17/06 08:05 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I traded a huge F150 Supercrew 4x4 for my Mini Cooper S and have never regretted it - this car is awesome. It does 0-60 in the 6's, and gets 30 mpg. What more can I say!

Our Yellow Bumble Bee
By Chuck on 06/14/06 20:27 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Our yellow and black Mini Cooper is the most fun car I have ever owned. I am 52 years old and I have owned many different cars since I started driving at 15. My wife and I are thinking of buying another Mini so we can each have our own. Great Car!

Great style, poor reliability
By michaelben on 06/13/06 06:58 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I own two MINIs: both S, one hardtop and one convertible. Both are stylish and a hoot to drive. I am a gentle driver - the convertible averages only 4,000 mi/yr and the hardtop about 9,000 mi/yr. And yet... I have had to replace the transmission three times on the hardtop, the AC failed twice on the hardtop, the AC / heat system failed once on convertible, the ASC light comes on/stays on in both, they have various serious rattles - that MINI knows of - they have had to be serviced. MINI service has taken care of everything, but I am spending most of my highway driving just taking both cars in for service. I am regretting having two MINIs that have so many service issues. Hate to give up the style, but...