2005 MINI Cooper Hatchback Consumer Reviews 4

2005 MINI Cooper Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
I'm lovin' it !
By Hans-Juergen on 08/25/06 12:04 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Mini for 15 months, and have put 17,000 fun-packed miles on it. I have the base model with manual transmission, sport seats, and a sunroof. Although I have read reviews that say otherwise, I think the base model packs plenty of power (as long as the A/C is off). I have not tired of this car - each time I get in it, I am reminded of how much fun driving should be. It is responsive on turns, and stable as can be at high speeds on the freeway.

Mini Needs Better Gas Mileage
By Gina on 08/09/06 07:44 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for about six months. It's fun to drive, has a classy interior, and is loaded with everything and has chrome everywhere. It is easy access to whatever you need. This car has a great panoramic roof!! With a 1.6L 4-cylinder engine it needs to get much better gas mileage though. I have the auto. w/o supercharger and only get about 26 mpg. I would suggest the S model for those who drive on the highway. Getting on and off highway ramps gets a bit tricky. As for the interior room, I've taken 3 coworkers of average size to lunch and they seemed comfortable on the short ride. I enjoy this car because I'm a 5'3 inch female and it fits me. Getting in and out is easy, and I have a back seat for stuff. I just need to adjust to the lack of power.

You should get this car....
By jhocasio on 07/07/06 06:50 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This car has been fantastic. Especially when driving in German roads, the car can go up to 141 mph! The steering is simply superb. While driving in American roads, the vehicle responds phenomenally to the lack of driving that other's do in the highways. Its gas mileage - in the highway you can get it up to 30+ miles to the gallon, however, in the city it struggles to keep past 24 mpg - not bad comparing against the big machines. Other great things about the vehicle - parking, dual sunroof is a must, storage is actually more than expected. The challenge - the other challenge is the sport suspension on American roads, our roads just do not support a race car suspension.

Minitastic
By Emma on 07/04/06 15:57 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Mini. It is the car that makes you smile every time you get behind the seat. Any small flaws (there are a few rattles) are by far outweighed by the sheer pleasure of driving this tiny but mighty Mini!

I love my Go-Cart!
By Chris M on 06/23/06 08:29 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

In spite of having the automatic transmission completely replaced and losing some of my faith in my car because of it, I still love driving it. The fuel economy vs. performance can't be matched. This car has a good quality feel but the ride can be a little rough at times. A long trip will leave you feeling fatigued. It is responsive and quick. However, I have had issues with people in huge SUVs not seeing me and almost moving over on me. :)

Awesome
By Cressy on 06/17/06 08:05 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I traded a huge F150 Supercrew 4x4 for my Mini Cooper S and have never regretted it - this car is awesome. It does 0-60 in the 6's, and gets 30 mpg. What more can I say!

Our Yellow Bumble Bee
By Chuck on 06/14/06 20:27 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Our yellow and black Mini Cooper is the most fun car I have ever owned. I am 52 years old and I have owned many different cars since I started driving at 15. My wife and I are thinking of buying another Mini so we can each have our own. Great Car!

High Quality Small Car
By jazz251 on 05/28/06 12:33 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

After years of looking at this car I finally got my wife to test drive it. Now I can not get her out of it! We bought a 2005 model that was sitting on the lot. It had only 10,000 miles and had most options. It is a base engine but the HP seems more than adequate for the traffic bound DC / N. VA area. Plus the gas mileage is great. For a small car it is very quiet. It is well built and fun to drive. I plan to keep this a long time and plan to pass it on to my son in about 5-6 years.

The MINI Experience
By MINIpower on 05/20/06 23:21 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Absolutly everything about owning a Mini is exciting. My 9 rating under comfort is for the lack of an armrest, but one soon becomes accustomed to that, or buys one! The car just begs to be driven around tight corners, which are frequently found in my Rocky Mountian town. It handled great even when it snowed for weeks straight this winter. The car has much more interior room that would be thought at first glance. Basically, I do not think that there is any other car on the market in this price range of such good quality!

In case you were wondering...
By Penny on 05/17/06 08:09 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a fun little car with more room than previously anticipated. For comuters who are willing to forego a smooth ride for great gas mileage or someone who likes to be looked at, this is the car for you. Personally, I am enjoying this car. I wasn't even interested in buying it because I had an SUV and thought it was to small, I was wrong! This car is fun and sexy at the same time, who would have thought! One thing that is confusing, the car has beaucoup gadgets, but is missing standard perks ie; auto tint rearview mirror or digital compass this was standard on a base Saturn. Those items are kind of a no brainer.