2005 MINI Cooper Convertible Consumer Reviews 4

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible - Consumer Reviews

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
MINI Cooper Convertible Rocks!
By Newton on 07/11/05 13:01 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I waited 3 months for my 2005 MINI Cooper S Cabrio and it was worth the wait!!! I have not been disapointed. In fact, I've been grinning like the Cheshire cat for the past two weeks. Every day I have been approached by someone commenting on it: "Classiest Cooper I've ever seen!" "Way Too Cool, Thumbs UP!" "What is it?" "I WANT YOUR CAR, REALLY BAD!" "Hey! You're driving my car!" "Love your car!" I feel like a celebrity, may have to get a press agent if the attention keeps coming! The fun factor in the MINI is way off the chart! But in the end it is also a well-built solid car with great safety features and way better fuel economy than my hubby's SUV. You don't just drive it, you wear it!

Awesome
By Shutt on 07/10/05 12:58 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My 2005 Mini Cooper Ragtop is great. From its performance to its looks, there wasnt another car on the road so well packed for the money.

Super fun car
By m,inimini on 07/10/05 11:33 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Normally drive a BMW X5 and will still use it when taking out clients. Drive about 75 miles a day and this mini convertable is a gas. The 5 speed manual is perfectly syncronized and the automatic top, which can also be used as a sunroof, is one touch Am already getting over 30mpg in the city and 40 on the highways....but most of all, it's FUN

Perhaps the Best Car Ever Made
By emily! on 07/06/05 21:10 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The 2005 Mini Cooper Convertible is not only cute, and fuel efficiant, but also well designed in the ways of aesthetics and performance alike. I can corner in my Mini at 70mph without a peep from the tyres, the convertible top lifts up in the back so even more stuff can be crammed in the trunk.The convertible top can either be opened all the way, or be opened part-way and used as a sunroof! The interior is fun, and roomy, allowing my 6'2" boyfriend to comfortably stretch out, while i, at 5'1" have no problem reaching everything. In addition to all of this, the Mini is small enough to create it's own parking places, where SUV's would'nt dare to go! By far the BEST CAR EVER MADE!!!

For a better car, avoid high end options
By Don on 06/30/05 16:06 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

The Cooper S convertible really DOES feel like a go-kart, it is a blast to drive, and people all want to make friends with such a cute little car. But the dynamic stability control is wildly overassertive (slammming on the brakes at the slightest chirp of wheelspin), the optional automatic climate control is a disastrous triumph of cutesy (shaped like the Mini crest) over ergonomic, and the optional Harmon-Kardon stereo upgrade is only marginal at best. If you delete these options, you'll not only save money, you'll have a MUCH better experience of the car...simple, direct, delightful. Mini gets into trouble when they try to get too fancy..but when they just go for fun, they get it right!

Hyper Blue Convertible
By Hyper Blue on 06/16/05 14:07 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I traded my fast and spacious Subaru Forester XT in for a fun and fuel efficient Mini Convertible. Although, friends and family thought I was nuts, I have been enjoying the Mini so much that I've already put 1,000 miles on it! I've had it just over a week and the twisty roads have been such a blast! I do miss the quick acceleration of the Forester, but the Mini's horsepower is adequate. The convertible top is amazing and so easy to use. I test drove a Saab convertible before the Mini and was completely suprised by how much quieter the Mini is. You simply push the button and the Mini's top folds into "sunroof" mode (cool feature) and then push the button again to fold completely.

Mini Mania
By conmike92 on 06/15/05 10:00 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Its a great car...you do not need the S engine for extra power. The standard engine is great. CUTE, CUTE, CUTE (and fun!) car!!

New Cooper
By deb on 06/10/05 18:48 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Fun to drive, fun to own

Mini Car Maxi Fun
By SPT on 06/10/05 11:31 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

One of the best cars I have owned. Perfect for a city ... easy to park. Three issues: 1) Needs decent back bumper 2) poor visibility with top up and down 3) rough ride. This IS a sportscar not a sedan.

Red Mini
By Jack Nesbitt on 06/10/05 11:05 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Coming up on 10,000 miles. No major problems of any type. Rides hard as one would expect. Small noise in dashboard when on bad LA freeways. Gets great mileage. Averaging 31.7 mpg in LA combined highway and city.