2005 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
Interior bug don't bug me too much
By Jim on 07/10/07 05:23 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I can't say enough about the tight handling in this car. It sticks like glue to the road no matter how hard I push it It's a feeling of confidence that the car will do what I ask of it. Yes it is plagued with multiple interior bugs but you can't have it all all the time.

Best car ever owned
By Fuzzyvaldez on 06/28/07 16:00 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Wow! This is a great car with everything you could want. I've never had any problems with this car and would recommend it to everyone I know. This car has been taken on 1k mile drives and is my daily driver and has never failed me. My only issue is that people didn't order the amenities they really wanted. Please don't complain the car would be better if it had items you didn't order. I've seen this car marked down on the fact it didn't have a sunroof (maybe one should have ordered one) and MPG come on people really, its a sportscar with a supercharger not a hybrid 50hp family wagon. So love this car for what it is and not hate it for what you wish you would have ordered.

Fun Fun Fun
By Sean Maestro on 05/07/07 08:47 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I miss my MINI Cooper. I had a 2005 custom-built to my liking and had it for 2 yrs. I had the opportunity to drive it on English roads and it was perfect for the winding narrow streets and small parking spots. I averaged 29mpg, which I thought was great, giving me about 400 miles per tank. I am 6'3 and was able to fit perfectly, but no one could sit behind me. I had a baby and got rid of it for an SUV - big mistake.

Great Fun!
By c. t. ricks on 01/11/07 11:08 AM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is the most fun to drive vehicle I have ever owned. The automatic transmission is great around town, but the option to shift yourself adds great fun and enhanced performance during play time. The full convertible with the option to use it as a sunroof adds fantastic variety, especially in rapidly changing weather conditions.

Great Car
By danderson on 01/05/07 08:47 AM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This car is with out a doubt the most fun for the money I could ever imagine.

I Love My Mini
By MDGiusti on 12/23/06 21:51 PM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Mini. I have had it for a little more than two years now and it has treated me very well. My wife and I evacuated from three hurricanes in it (including Katrina and Rita) and its fuel economy and comfort helped us survive the ordeals. We were still driving while less gas-miserly cars had long-since run out of fuel. Evacuations aside, I love driving my little car. It is great fun and I still get envious looks while driving around town. Don't be scared away by size either... I am a 250-pound 6-foot-one man and fit comfortably.

Awesome Little Thing
By JP Money on 11/28/06 13:55 PM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

For both driving spirited and casually, the MINI Cooper S is an awesome car. For a young single male, it has enough space for anything I need and enough room for three of my friends. It is peppy and fun to drive. I have never had a problem with it, knock on wood. This a rare compliment for cars nowadays, which are often over shadowed by complaints. This is the best small car out there!

Love my mini
By John on 10/28/06 13:34 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

My 2005 MINI Cooper S is a great car. It is lots of fun to drive and fast. It is the perfect car.

New Owner
By miniplatz on 10/04/06 16:43 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I drove it for two days in the West Virginia mountains using the paddel shifter. It was a blast. The only change I would make is an electric adjustable drivers seat. It is a great car, but it is not as much fun as my 1990 British Open Mini. Everyone should have one.

'05 Mini
By jrfats on 09/30/06 20:14 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I'm delighted with this Mini. I call it a go cart with air conditioning. I wish that the tires would last longer, but that is a low profile run flat problem. I wish that there were more dealers as I keep the car in Montana - it is over 400 miles to the nearest one. So far, I have had no problems. The brakes are much better than in the 2003 model, which I still have in another location.