2005 MINI Cooper Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
Fun to drive? You better believe it!
By Brian on 03/04/06 12:39 PM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is the first car I've owned in a while (10 years or so of truck ownership preceeded it) and I've always wanted a convertible. WOW. There are not enough adjectives to describe what it's like to drive this car. From handling corners like they're not even there, to lots of punch in acceleration, you can't help but have a huge grin on your face when you're putting this car through it's paces. Still, nearly a year after I bought it, I still get people daily asking me about it, if it's fun to drive, where I got it...it's the most fun I've ever had driving a car. To the editors ratings..7.8? How can you possibly put as much weight into 'cupholders' as you do 'fun to drive'?

Fun, Responsive, Yeah Baby!
By Kim on 02/17/06 16:34 PM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My 2005 MINI Cooper Convertible is a terrific little car. It handles beautifully, has fantastic braking, and good acceleration (especially with available clutchless manual). Plus it's a real headturner. The convertible top operation is a breeze. Rear seating and trunk space are nominal, but who cares? I have had no problems at all with it in first 9 months of ownership.

Convertible Top Problem
By jean on 01/28/06 09:02 AM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Only one problem has turned up with my MINI. The convertible top got a wire rubbed and shorted out the wiring harness. They replaced the whole harness at no charge. Other than that, we love that little sweetheart!

Best Litle Car I have Ever Seen
By nick on 12/27/05 18:53 PM (PST)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my MINI Cooper for 9 months and it the best car I have ever driven. I always get looks, get stoped, and get compliments on it. People are always asking "Where did you get it and how much it cost?" When I tell them, I can see that I have made a new Mini owner.

Awesome MINI
By GEORGE on 09/23/05 14:40 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This car is a crowd stopper! Anywhere you go, people are in awe over it. It is great now that I pass by the pumps when everyone is in line for $3 gas.

Fun Car to Drive When You Can
By tbong on 08/29/05 14:45 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Owned for three months and it has been in the shop three times. With problems ranging from the car not starting to the GPS not working. Customer service is the worst I have ever experienced.

I like it
By Cool Blue on 08/16/05 16:00 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This car has replaced my motorcycle as my fun vehicle. While it's small, at least I can take my wife and kids with me for a ride now. The retro/modern styling makes the car truly unique and the supercharger's whine combined with the deep exhaust note are heavenly on your ears. Lot's of customization options from the dealer and third parties.

Puts a smile on your face.
By peter on 07/30/05 01:42 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is a fun car to drive. Excellent road feel and cornering, like driving an adult go-cart. Great sound when you step on the gas and instant response (S model). The rag-top is a no-brainer in ease to use and is a like being totally outside. The perfect toy for grown-ups!

Most fun ever driven
By pcphil on 07/21/05 13:07 PM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This car makes me smile just thinking about driving it. It is surprisingly roomy even for large people. It drives like it is on rails. Room for two plus their luggage. Able to carry two more for short jaunts, but would not want to carry 4 on a road trip.

mini convertible s
By Dave Lewis on 07/16/05 08:15 AM (PDT)

2005 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is the most fun car I have ever driven. I like to discribe it as a " fast go cart". The car is new ( less than 700 miles), so I have not had any problems. Everybody who has driven the vehicle, has fallen in love with it.